Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Giant Squid Vs. Newly-Appointed Chief Justice John Roberts: A Hastily-Conceived C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Giant Squid Vs. Newly-Appointed Chief Justice John Roberts: A Hastily-Conceived C

A hastily-conceived comparison...

Giant Squid: Confirmed by Japanese researchers working for the National Science Museum in Tokyo and the Ogasawara Whale-Watching Association after decades of research and dangerous deep-sea exploration.
    Chief Justice Roberts: Confirmed by some guys who wanted to get things done by October.

Giant Squid: Witnessed "to be a much more active predator than previously suspected, using its elongate feeding tentacles to strike and tangle prey."
    Chief Justice Roberts: Witnessed hovering over Shoney's soup and salad bar, unwilling to make his food selection known in public.

Giant Squid: Immortalized in Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    Chief Justice Roberts: Immortalized in Hedgepeth v. WMATA (2004), also known as the "French fry" case, in which Roberts upheld the arrest and detention of a 12-year-old girl who ate a French fry inside a D.C. subway station.

Giant Squid: Previously mistaken as the stuff of legend in some circles of the scientific community.
    Chief Justice Roberts: Previously mistaken that "Roe was wrongly decided and should be overruled" in Rust v. Sullivan (1990).

Giant Squid: Discovery heralds an enthralling new era in the study of oceanography.
    Chief Justice Roberts: Appointment signifies that the end can't come soon enough.

Now I get that "do you want fries with that?" cartoon.

What a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II

What a tool.
      That cartoon was just making fun of Roberts who, in some, gave the Senators the runaround and didn't answer their questions.

Comment

Giant Squid is a slimy, elusive, blood sucking predator living in darkness.

wait...
        What?

Comment

Perhaps both will end up getting killed by Sperm Whales?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

IMO, if Roberts drowns in sperm then the comparison/analogy/whatever will still be valid.

Now I'm missing the bukkake smilie.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II

What a tool.
              I thought everyone knew that.

I guess it was more of an American thing and foreigners just don't see the 24/7 coverage we see here.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I thought everyone knew that.

I guess it was more of an American thing and foreigners just don't see the 24/7 coverage we see here.
                When I was living with my parents I had CNN, Fox News and MSNBC... back then I probably knew more about American current events than Australian. But unfortunately now I've just got the standard 5 free to air channels.

Comment

Did anyone tell Roberts that the last guy who had that job died?

Comment

Why didn't you link?
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X