iTunes and classical music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes and classical music

I don't know what internet service iTunes uses for song information, but when it comes to classical music, its almost always a mess! I always have to fix it afterwards. Just look at the Beethoven symphonies at the top! I'll have to take the information currently displayed in the artist column, put it somehow in the song name column, then put Karajan in the artist column. A pain in the ass!
    Attached Files
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Psst, iTunes sucks.

As a sidenote, Winamp 5.1 has free access to XM Radio over the internet...222 satellite radio stations for free.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

But iTunes is not at fault here, its the song info web service they use. I'm sure there are similar problems with Musicmatch or Winamp.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Depends on the service they use. I've never had problems with WMP or Winamp's autodetection.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

They use Gracenote. I just tried with Bruckner's ninth. They got it right, for once...
          Attached Files

Comment

Just noticed your sig... He really wrote that? I hope he was trying to pull KH's leg, otherwise it would be incredibly lame...

Comment

There's more, like how about science in university is comparable to training monkeys.

Agathon's a loonie.

Comment

I had the same problem, but so far it affects classical music only- a good aspect of iTunes is that it bypasses CD protection in most cases- I can tell as I tried to burn a Röyksopp original CD but it wasn´t possible using Winamp, but iTunes allowed it.
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Why on earth would you want Karajan's Beethoven, anyway?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    Why on earth would you want Karajan's Beethoven, anyway?
                    Its no good? And yet, it got fairly good reviews. Btw, I have the first Karajan compilation, "Beethoven: 9 Symphonien", not the second one. Some symphonies were recorded in the fifties and they're in mono.

Comment

Karajan's Beethoven is turgid. That's the most apt adjective, anyway. Karajan gets good reviews for them because he has a pre-established reputation.

If you don't mind mono Beethoven, Furtwangler conducts the best performances you'll ever hear of the symphonies (with exception to 5&7, of which Kleiber is the acknowledged king). And you can go older and get Weingartner's recordings, but no hope of decent sound quality. If you want an all-around good digital set, I'd go with Abbado. No Bernstein, though, as he's all over the place.

But it's best to pick-and-choose individual ones, as no single conductor gives the "best" recording of all of them.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

psst- he´s gay. he knows better what´s good for you
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          There's more, like how about science in university is comparable to training monkeys.

Agathon's a loonie.
                          he has never actually seen science really be taught

the labs for nonscience students are basically training monkeys..

that isn't the fault of science, rather that of the people trying to learn too much in a semester

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Queer Ear for the Music Guy?
                            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                              Karajan's Beethoven is turgid. That's the most apt adjective, anyway. Karajan gets good reviews for them because he has a pre-established reputation.

If you don't mind mono Beethoven, Furtwangler conducts the best performances you'll ever hear of the symphonies (with exception to 5&7, of which Kleiber is the acknowledged king). And you can go older and get Weingartner's recordings, but no hope of decent sound quality. If you want an all-around good digital set, I'd go with Abbado. No Bernstein, though, as he's all over the place.

But it's best to pick-and-choose individual ones, as no single conductor gives the "best" recording of all of them.
                              Furtwangler, the Nazi? Did you see Taking sides?

Comment

Working...
                              X