Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago White Sox clinch division with win over Detroit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer
    I'm a little confused.

Chicago is 96-63.
    Cleveland, 93-66.

The two teams end the season with a three-game series in Cleveland. If Cleveland sweeps, won't they both be 96-66, leading to a one-game playoff?
    If the AL Central is decided by a tiebreaker, it would go to the White Sox, who have an 11-5 lead over the Indians in the season series, and Cleveland would be the wild card.

they would only play a one game playoff if all four teams (Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, and Indians) were tied...

someone explained this on sports radio the other day... but in the event this happened, I forget which teams would play each other, but the two respective division rivals would play each other, then the losers of those games would play another game to determine the wild card team
    Last edited by Sava; September 29, 2005, 22:47.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Imran: The Braves are the Buffalo Bills of MLB... 12 division titles (or 13 right?) and what... 1 world series win?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

One difference being the Bills haven't won... that's a pretty big one as things go.

And it's 14 now... ugh, stupid Braves.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Braves have the longest streak in MLB finishing above .500, 15 seasons. Yankees second with like 13.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'll give big credit to the Braves for their run. Yeah, you would THINK they could have won a few more Championships... but at least every year they win the division.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Ahh, if philosophy professors only got what they deserved
              And again your lame trolls make you look like an ignorant idiot.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Would you two just chill... Discuss the topic... NOT the posters.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Man, what if the Indians get the wild card? Who would have ever expected the AL Central to have two teams in the playoffs?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    Would you two just chill... Discuss the topic... NOT the posters.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Don't forget the Blackhawks!
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm trying to.

Although I think they will be good this year!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They had many good years in recent decades. Not all of Chicago's teams are perpetual losers.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                          X