chegitz to serve the man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chegitz to serve the man

It's been 16 long months since I was last gainfully employed. This is the longest I've ever gone without work. Sure, I worked a couple weeks in December helping people turn on their new cell phones, and I had a three day gig in May. I was hired by the Discovery Channel for a 1 - 3 month gig, but never got a starting date. Lost an offer by haggling too hard, and turned down two jobs outright. It's all paid off.

I've just been offered a permanent position in Coral Gables, a glittery suburb of Miami near the university. PERMANENT! Not a contact!

When I heard the description of the job, I knew it was going to be mine. I approached this job as if it were mine, and when I interviewed, I interviewed as if it were already mine. I had that same feeling in my stomach like I used to have just before a race when I was in track back in high school (I used to be a hurdler).

The pay is right, not as much as I made at my last position, but more than I made at Citibank, and more than twice the pay at the position I turned down to weeks ago. Good bennies, and their coding philosophy requires 40 weeks, so no long months of 60 hour weeks.

It's been hard, but I knew if I stuck through it, I would find the perfect job.

Okay, it's not exactly perfect. Coral Gables is on the far side of Dade County, which means I will have to leave my apartment around 6am to get to work at 9am by bus, train, and El. Guess what I'll be buying with my first paycheck. Bunnygrrl did three hour commutes for a month and a half, so I should be able to handle it for a few weeks. Actually, I'm gonna try and find someone with whom to carpool. With gas prices like they are, there should be plenty of takers.

Finally.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Oh, I'll be working for a financial company again. This is my third financial gig.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Congrats Che. Unemployment sucks for so many reasons.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

congrats

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Funny, you're not working for me. Guess it means you're just working for a man, not the man.

However, grats

B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            Funny, you're not working for me. Guess it means you're just working for a man, not the man.
            I don't think I've seen an ACS Job Fair yet....
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

mazel tov. And good luck.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                I don't think I've seen an ACS Job Fair yet....
                I'm not hiring. But you're fired anyway.
                B♭3

Comment

Congraulations!

Comment

Good luck

Incidentally, I was fired two days ago.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

Incidentally, I was fired two days ago.
                      I see a demand here....

Comment

There's a strict quota on how many commies can be employed at once.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I don't start for two weeks, which is good, cuz I leave next week for a wedding in Chicago.

Comment

Congrats on the job and have fun in Chicago
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Congradumalashuns Che.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X