Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Delay indicted, to step down as Majority Leader...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Yes, but at the time of the begining of the investigation into Watergate, people weren't saying that Nixon should be brought down because of it, as you are with Schumer. No one had any idea that Nixon or the Whitehouse was any part of the break-in, at first. Give me something with a little bit of heft for me to chew. Schumer's a pretty centrist Democrat, so I certainly have no love for the man.
    Actually all I'm calling for is a full investigation including that from the media. While I would love to see Schumer figuartively dismebowelled in the senate chamber my point was and is that the NYT and WaPo, the pre-eminent print media sources in the US, have either ignored the story completely or written it off as saying the Repugs did it before so we don't have to investigate. Thats either complete laziness or agenda journalism.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Well, you don't know if any reporters are digging around until later.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The third option which Oggie continues to ignore there really isn't much to this $5 credit report story. The concensus seems to be it isn't even worth the ink and paper to print it. Certainly not enough to disembowl anyone.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
          The third option which Oggie continues to ignore there really isn't much to this $5 credit report story. The concensus seems to be it isn't even worth the ink and paper to print it. Certainly not enough to disembowl anyone.

The guy should at least be castrated.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
            The third option which Oggie continues to ignore there really isn't much to this $5 credit report story. The concensus seems to be it isn't even worth the ink and paper to print it. Certainly not enough to disembowl anyone.
            The 4th option that Ogie does consider is that their may indeed be little if anything to the story but we will never know any better due to the complete ineptitude and/or partisanship that the major print media outlets exhibit aided and abetted by attitudes shown above.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• As I mentioned, you don't know what kind of investigative reporting is going on. Just cuz you don't see any tigers doesn't mean that my tiger-preventing rock is working.

And no, you can't buy my rock.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                As I mentioned, you don't know what kind of investigative reporting is going on. Just cuz you don't see any tigers doesn't mean that my tiger-preventing rock is working.

And no, you can't buy my rock.
                Tigers? In Africa?
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                X