No announcement yet.

Damn you Microsoft and your Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been able to boot from the discs, even in upgrade editions -- they just scan the harddrive for the old installation in the DOS installer.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sn00py, not true, if you buy a Microsoft mouse or something you can get the full version of XP home for ~£60.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Snoopy, I'm unclear why you seem to need win98 in order to install XP.

If your XP Cd doesn't boot, just go to e-mule or bitorrent (or whatever) and download a new one. It should only take a few hours depending on your connection. And since you already bought XP, you should have a working serial number so it will still be completely legal.

Then you can boot from an XP cd and won't have to bother with any of this win98 junk.

Comment

Yes - I would have done that, the problem is, my (windows) crapped out so badly that I have no way of getting back into windows. So how to download eh?

But, I am ok now.

Asher: then why does it not boot for me? (Yes, I set the bios settings correctly).
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
            Sn00py, not true, if you buy a Microsoft mouse or something you can get the full version of XP home for ~£60.
            I don't think he needs to pay for another copy because he has already paid.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X