No announcement yet.

When the hawks were doves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't we just nuke them all and then the rest of us can live in peace?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yes the "problem" (not really) is that you'd have to be amongst the first to be nuked

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        Oerdin: What was your opinion of Clinton's decision to intervene in Kosovo?
        A soldier isn't supposed to publicly express any political opinion.

Comment

It's hypocrisy, dammit.

Obviously Ming was fusing the words hypocrisy and democracy...

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
            It's hypocrisy, dammit.

Obviously Ming was fusing the words hypocrisy and democracy...
            Nahhhh... not that smart... just bad spelling
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Re: When the hawks were doves.

Originally posted by Ming

As clear as the hypocracy on the left

Face it... in politics, hypocracy can be found in both parties... but if you want to troll, feel free
              Let me get this clear, you're saying that because you believe that the left are hypocrits, it's ok for the right to be as well?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA....

I NEVER said it was right for anybody... I was laughing at somebody who is "trying" to paint a single side in that light... trying to make one party seem worse than the other... Both sides are equally as bad. And claiming that EITHER party does it isn't really that bold of a statement.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Both sides are equally bad? How? I look at America today, and America under Clinton just a few years ago, and guess which one looks better. This is despite the attempts by the right to utterly destroy Clinton for no good reason other than partisan politics.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah, anyone in politics is/has been a hypocrite at some point. But this administration has elevated it past an art form to a new religion.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                      I don´t like Democrates complaining about Iraq when it´s all Clinton´s fault for turning the Balkans into a third-world subcontinent
                      You clearly know jack cheese about the history of the Balkans, why Yugoslavia broke apart, or what a third world country is like.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I NEVER said it was right for anybody... I was laughing at somebody who is "trying" to paint a single side in that light... trying to make one party seem worse than the other... Both sides are equally as bad. And claiming that EITHER party does it isn't really that bold of a statement.
                        Though neither party is perfect both sides most certainly are not equally bad and one side is worse then the other as a general rule. One side currently dominates all branches of the government so it's more of a worry then the side which hardly has influence over the government. Isn't it?

I contend having a split government is best since that way the two parties can keep each other honest, however, if one party is going to dominate the other then I know which one I'd prefer.

Comment

While your theory does make sense, what it doesn't take into account is the degree of suckage.

We SHOULD all be able to agree that this Administration sucks to such an exaggerated degree that has not been seen in nearly 80 years. If I had to coach someone on how to suck, I would use this one as a model. This is something we have not seen before, so your "business as usual" theory just doesn't fly this time.

In the historical annals of suckage, it is clear that Bush will be mentioned among Hoover, Harding, and Nixon.

Perhaps we can revisit Mt. Rushmore, and create its counterpart, Mt. Suckmore.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ming - I have only two things to point out. "Compassionate Conservatism" and the new bankrupty law. I sincerely hope you have no friends who end up bankrupt due to being called to active duty (and having their personal business tank), bankrupt due to crippling medical costs (and you know why that's a hot button for me), bankrupt due to Identity theft (happens when a person's credit gets locked up and they go under before they can repair all the damage), or bankrupt due to divorce.

That's an awfully broad set of categories of peopel to be held in "wage peonage" for five plus years. Want to match hypocrisy for hypocrisy (Kid corrected my spelling ) Democrats versus Republicans? I think this administration will go down as the worst since Harding's, or maybe even Grant's, when it comes to corruption. Do you notice a trend in these three administrations?
                            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                              Oerdin: What was your opinion of Clinton's decision to intervene in Kosovo?
                              That was justified due to on going ethnic cleansing. Saddam was a brutal dictator but trying to justify invasion saying he gased people in 1987 is a bit different then on going ethnic cleansing. It is even weaker to claim Saddam would some how give WMD to Islamic Fundimentalists who he had spent 30 years executing or imprisoning.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                                Ming - I have only two things to point out. "Compassionate Conservatism" and the new bankrupty law. I sincerely hope you have no friends who end up bankrupt due to being called to active duty (and having their personal business tank), bankrupt due to crippling medical costs (and you know why that's a hot button for me), bankrupt due to Identity theft (happens when a person's credit gets locked up and they go under before they can repair all the damage), or bankrupt due to divorce.

That's an awfully broad set of categories of peopel to be held in "wage peonage" for five plus years. Want to match hypocrisy for hypocrisy (Kid corrected my spelling ) Democrats versus Republicans? I think this administration will go down as the worst since Harding's, or maybe even Grant's, when it comes to corruption. Do you notice a trend in these three administrations?
                                I haven't seen evidence such of high levels of corruption in the executive branch that a comparison to either Grant or Harding is warranted. Stupidity, waste and reckless spending on the other hand....
                                He's got the Midas touch.
                                But he touched it too much!
                                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                                X