Oh Mac users, lend me your knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    You can use LaTeX on the Mac if you want to, but why bother. It's a waste of time. I guess some of us would rather spend our time writing than trying to fiddle with LaTeX.

If you've spent more than an hour "learning" LaTeX and still haven't mastered it then you should probably give up on any intellectual pursuit right there

But I guess I would rather be an ultrahip rebel than a dull-witted physics undergraduate. Undergrad science is training monkeys.

Undergraduate? Son, I'm a graduate physicist whose thesis advisor was the most cited physicist of 2003...

pwn3d
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And congratulations on ruining a thread with your pointless jabbering.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hence the reason why the whole world uses LaTeX....

I guess hitting command space to type in Greek is too hard for you.

But what you do does look like someone pooped on a page. It's boring. Interesting people don't waste time with that boring crap. That's why it's left for the dullards.

But if you want to feed your inferiority complex by trolling, please go ahead.
        Most pathetic post of the thread award goes to that one right there ^

And can you please hurry up on mailing that DOC and font, I have work to do tomorrow morning.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh, plus when I was an undergraduate I had no idea how to use Linux , program in any language whatsoever or typeset in LaTeX

And I can count on one finger the number of lab classes I took.

I'm a theorist, little one...
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Can we have a link to that famous Mac thread again please...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'd love to see it again too.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This thread has turned completely gay and only Asher has an excuse...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

DULLARD #1

DULLARD #2

DULLARD #3

But I guess it's more interesting to rehash the same wrong old theories of the world from 2500 years ago than it is to try for the right answer...

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    This thread has turned completely gay and only Asher has an excuse...
                    Hush. I'm enjoying twisting Aggie's pigtails...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Here's the thread MOBIUS:

Some choice quotes from Aggie.

Asher is now on perma-ignore.
                      And from Drake:

It does leave a bad taste in you mouth, doesn't it? Asher sets out on some vindictive little vendetta against the Mac people and somehow manages to get his way. Makes me lose faith in humanity.
                      Oh, those were the days...

Comment

I'm going to sleep.

Mods, please top this thread. A number of important issues have been raised here. It's my sincere hope that we can continue to discuss these in the sensible, mature fashion we've managed so far. It seems important that everybody in the Apolyton community (of which I am a pillar, might I add) should get the opportunity to contribute in as meaningful a way as I have tonight.

kthxbye
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oh, those were the days...

Yeah, you're not as big a douchebag as you used to be...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Hence the reason why the whole world uses LaTeX....
                            Uhh . . . . actually , the whole scientific world , along with most tech-savvy authors , and almost all professional typesetters , use LaTeX . Considering the program's intended market , yes , the whole world does use it . So that statement , though made in jest , is actually correct .

Comment

this thread is getting interesting
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Italians spending money on superficialities rather than fixing their gov't
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X