The movie Fern Gully really pisses me off, its hypocritical BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The movie Fern Gully really pisses me off, its hypocritical BS

I am a big enviromentalist, but the movie is hypocritical bull****. They advocate completley ignoring the neccesity of south american workers to actually earn a living.

YEY! Lets save the trees and let people starve, GOOD idea!

"Out here in the fields" is not about the enviroment, its about the plight of south american workers.......

Man I hate that movie.

I really hate sensationalist thread titles.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've never seen Fern Gully but your argument applies equally well to every attempt to stop environmental destruction.

I know you have a hard time understanding certain concepts so I'll try and make this as simple as possible.

No environment = no jobs.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

There is a balance between preserving the enviroment, and economic neccesity.

I place that balance *FAR* more on the enviroment side then the world does at the moment.

We need the enviroment, but we also need people to be able to support themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          I've never seen Fern Gully

It's only a children's cartoon.

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Slash-and-Burning rainforests is NOT sound environmental nor economic policy...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I don't think there should be a balance between destroying our environment and the economy. We permanently sacrifice the future for temporary gain in the present, and that's not a good trade. We've pretty much pushed the envorinment as far as we can without really screwing ourselves over. If that means some folks have to do without, so the rest of us don't die, well, that's too bad. I'm not sacrificing the future of our speicies for a handful of lumberjacks.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

It's only a children's cartoon.

It's "only" propoganda.

Comment

Everything is propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    I don't think there should be a balance between destroying our environment and the economy. We permanently sacrifice the future for temporary gain in the present, and that's not a good trade. We've pretty much pushed the envorinment as far as we can without really screwing ourselves over. If that means some folks have to do without, so the rest of us don't die, well, that's too bad. I'm not sacrificing the future of our speicies for a handful of lumberjacks.
                    How would you feel if you were one of those lumberjacks :?

We can take from the enviroment, as long as we do so at permanently sustainable rates.

Comment

So you think it's okay for companies to pollute because to stop them from doing so would cost jobs? That's your basic argument. If jobs are cost, **** the environment, our grandchildren can choke on our filth.

We aren't talking about permanently sustainable use of the forests, Vesayen, and even bringing that up just shows you are either a tool or a liar. Either way, you don't look good. What we are watching is not the sustainable use of the forest, but the wholesale destruction of the forest and its replacement with cattle farms which turn to desert within a few years.

Comment

Did I say that? I said, how would you feel if you starved because of enviromental conservation?

I used to say the exact same thing you are saying now.

It's a big problem. The solution is a massive re-distribution of wealth ####ing over those in power to shift the global economy to a permanetly sustainable form(impossible-never happen heh),

Comment

Animal lovers have indeed hijacked this country's primary education system.

The US pet industry is 0.25% of the entire economy.

For comparison, cars are 4%. Agriculture is 0.9%.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Source on those statistics?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                              Did I say that? I said, how would you feel if you starved because of enviromental conservation?
                              Nobody would ever starve because of environmental conservation, they would starve because no one gives a **** about them. There's food enough for everyone, we just feel it's more important to have food to throw away than to feed to unemployed south americans.

You're confusing the problem. The issue is not about what these people are supposed to do if they can't rape their land anymore, but why they have to rape it, and ultimately destroy their future, in the first place.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X