Rita breaks levees in New Orleans, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably took you to school.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Only America has yellow school buses. No I'm referring to the 200+ buses in a flooded parking
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
        Only America has yellow school buses. No I'm referring to the 200+ buses in a flooded parking
        Code:
         o   <---- joke

\0/
         |   <------ you
        / \

Comment

Wow big surprise. Let's hope they can rebuild it before the next hurricane so it can be broken again.

Go USA!
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

\ /
            l
            / \
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              And everyone is already evacuated.
              Weren't some people coming back to New Orleans? Didn't they say on the news that some of the businesses in the French Quarter were re-opening.
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Yeah, but not that neighborhood.

There are a few untouched sections in NOLA, where the levees failed on one side of the canal but not the other.

Hopefully this will take pressure off the levees that didn't fail last time.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                X