Rita breaks levees in New Orleans, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rita breaks levees in New Orleans, again

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Yeah, saw it earlier on CNN and BBC World, you guys are surely getting hit hard lately.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

And the worst of Rita still hasn't hit there yet...
      What?

Comment

OH SH*T!

Comment

Crap

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

New Venice

Yes, I suppose that last line is in bad taste, but seriously? It's hysterical. As in the way people get hysteria when confronted by seriously messed up ****.
            B♭3

Comment

One somewhat ingenious story I heard this morning:

Local railroad employees were cleaning up one of the flooded facilities when they came across 20 carloads of now-solidified cement. What to do? They rolled them down the track and gave them to the Army Corps of Engineers, who tipped them over in place to support the levees.
              Old posters never die.
              They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

The silver lining on this is that the water isn't destroying anything that wasn't already destroyed.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

ooops...
                  Attached Files
                  What?

Comment

And everyone is already evacuated.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, you know what they say.

When it rains, it pours.
                      B♭3

Comment

Maybe this flood will wash out the mess left by the last flood.

Comment

Before, the flooding made a toxic soup.

Now, they're just getting a toxic broth.
                          B♭3

Comment

SEE! Things are getting better.

God damn, I could spin this like Karl Rove.

Comment

Haven't I seen that yellow bus before?

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X