No announcement yet.

Hilary to vote no on Roberts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hope Hillary doesn't get the Democratic nomination no matter how many video games she pretends to be outraged about.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why not?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        I would hope Hillary doesn't get the Democratic nomination no matter how many video games she pretends to be outraged about.
        A Hispanic New Democrat in the (Bill) Clinton mode

+

A proud heir to the venerable tradition of Midwestern progressivism

=

Richardson/Feingold in 2008! The winning ticket!
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Senator Clinton, not Hilary. You wouldn't refer to Arlin Specter simply as Arlin or Sen. Hatch as just Orin. You are disrepecting her office and as a woman by refering to her by her first name. BTW, the same is true of Secretary Rice, whom is belittled by constanly being called Condi.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Hillary" is the name she ran under in NY. I hardly thinks she considers it belittling. On the contrary, it softens her image with the public to be known by her first name.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              Why not?
              You'd lose a lot of moderate votes, especially if not right-wing crazy went up against her.

I wouldn't mind voting for a Dem in the 2008 election (I did vote Kerry, after all), but I wouldn't pull the lever for Clinton. I'd find some third party guy to give my vote to instead.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You'd lose a lot of moderate votes, especially if not right-wing crazy went up against her.
                You wouldnt lose this moderate vote (hell, some people here probably think im a conservative)

If you actually look at her positions on issues, shes a moderata. And has been for quite some time. She drives certain folks on the right crazy, but Im not sure that translates into weakness in the center. And does enable her to cement the left, WITHOUT having to make major substantive concessions to them.

I mean who else is there who could attract ME, while also attracting Striker, Guev, et al?

Id be interested in a Biden, Bayh, Warner - but I doubt theyd enthuse the "base". A Dean would not enthuse me, and if the GOP nominated someone as "moderatet" as McCain, id really have to think about it.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

A Hispanic New Democrat in the (Bill) Clinton mode

+

A proud heir to the venerable tradition of Midwestern progressivism

=

Richardson/Feingold in 2008! The winning ticket!
                  Richardson!? He may, if he's lucky, have a 5% chance of getting the nomination...
                  "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

I mean who else is there who could attract ME, while also attracting Striker, Guev, et al?

Guevara is unswayable, don't try to appeal to him .

Richardson, Warner, Vilsack, Easley (of NC) all have a chance. Striker would back any Dem that is at least moderate left over a Republican, so no worries there.

And remember, Clinton wasn't exactly a commie.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

She doesn't attract me politically. The thought of the collective apoplexies of the far right upon her election, however, does.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hillary's politics are fairly moderate. I'd vote for her because she reflects my American middle class values, whatever those are. Plus, she has experience cleaning up the messes of the Bush family. And with a mess this big, it's better to have someone who knows what they're doing. For a post-Bush America, Hillary is the best choice.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

So, which Bush would follow Clinton and which Clinton would follow that Bush?

Comment

Actually, I always assumed that both Clinton's would follow Bush.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                              A woman publicly expressed a dissenting opinion when she should be doing dishes, and changing diapers.

Burn her at the stake for insubordination.
                              Naaah burn her for her anti-video game crusade.

She's a witch.

Burrrn her! Burrrn her!

Turned me into a Newt after all.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I got better

Comment

Working...
                                X