Naughty Vatican (gay thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heresson

Also, there is a thing like authomatical excommunication. It does not have to be proclaimed.
    Since there is not such word as "authomatical," I highly doubt that.

Excommunication is the refusal of the sacraments. I don't see how that can be done through any means except official church refusal to give them.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Irish and Polish catholicism - the dumb and dumber of christianity
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Most of the abused kids were young teens, 13 years old , not little kids, at which age does pedophilia end and gay male rape begin?
        I need a foot massage

Comment

The report found that 4,392 priests had been accused of sexually abusing minors between 1950 and 2002, or about 4 percent of the 109,694 priests in active ministry during that period. Of the 10,667 reported victims, 81 percent were male, the report said, and more than three-quarters of the victims were postpubescent, meaning the abuse did not meet the clinical definition of pedophilia.

Instead, most fell victim to ephebophiles, men who are sexually attracted to adolescent or postpubescent children.

Karen Terry, the principal investigator for the team of academics from John Jay College of Criminal Justice that carried out the research in the other quantitative report, said the average age of victims was 12.6 years, but the most common category of victims was a boy between 11 and 14. That category accounted for 40 percent of all victims, she said.

I need a foot massage

Comment

Heresson,

It appears you may be confusing sexuality with sex. Sex is used for reproduction and can only happen between a fertile man and a fertile woman. Sexuality on the other hand is the persons capacity for sexual feelings which in some cases is towards people of the same gender. Got absolutely nothing to do with reproduction.

Comment

At a wedding recently, one of the Catholic priests was giving me the bedroom eyes. I thought it was funny.

The Catholic church especially needs to come out of the 19th century and:

1) Let the Priests get a wife already

2) Let women be priests

3) Let the Priests be gay

DUH
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

married priests *tick*

women priests *tick*

gay priests *tick*

active homosexual priests *not in my lifetime*
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

But they're already active.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Also, there is a thing like authomatical excommunication. It does not have to be proclaimed.

Quit with the rolleyes- unless you can prove there is such a thing as automatic excommunication, and show how it applies to me, you're on shaky doctrinal ground.

When I called what You said "even dumber", ipso facto I agreed that Ben's post was not wise.
                    And unfortunately, you were (to use your inelegant terminology) even 'dumberer', because you completely misinterpreted my post- unlike everyone else in the thread. Congratulations, yet again.

The only reason why God/nature gave us sexuality as well as other animals is reproduction. That we learned to use it in another way, it's something additional, not basic, just like the basic use of mouth is eating and making noises, not oral sex

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. If you assume that 'god' or 'nature' gave animals sexuality simply for them to reproduce, you're overlooking fairly obvious salient points- two lesbians can't reproduce, and two gay men can't reproduce, and yet their sexuality is such that they are sexually attracted to members of the same sex- as are other animals in the natural world.

In fact, bonobo chimpanzees use sexuality for non-reproductive purposes too- as do some cetaceans.

Note- unlike cats or dogs, humans don't come into heat- sexuality and its expression exists apart from the urge to reproduce.

You're making a foolish assumption- that sexuality is not distinct from sexual reproduction. Even non-pubescent children masturbate- ergo, they have a sexuality that exists separate from the urge to reproduce.

Yes, it is so. If order is heterosexualism, and it is, homosexuality is a disorder. Homosexualist may not do evil things (that is, practice homosexualism), but by his homosexual tendencies, he's more likely to engage in sin (homosexual relations).
                    Spare me the Catholic propaganda- I grew up with it. Ultimately what it boils down to is you saying that as long as the Catholic Church 'sincerely' insults us, that's excusable- so the body giving offence also gets to decide whether something is offensive or not.

Terrific.

He also said to Mary Magdalaine: go and sin no more,
                    Sure you have the right woman there ?

The point is that any body which has the moral track record of the Vatican has no business finger-wagging at people it considers sinners until it:

...first casts out the beam out of [its] own eye
                    otherwise one could safely say of it:

Thou hypocrite.
                    Now as for this remark of yours:

..but in search for homosexuals in history, gays are often as naive as black activists proud of great black general Hannibal.
                    again, the Catholic Church has rather more experience faking and concealing evidence and rewriting history than gay activists.
                    Last edited by molly bloom; September 27, 2005, 07:03.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Spare me the Catholic propaganda- I grew up with it. Ultimately what it boils down to is you saying that as long as the Catholic Church 'sincerely' insults us, that's excusable- so the body giving offence also gets to decide whether something is offensive or not.
                      amen, Molly
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                      X