Naughty Vatican (gay thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom

What an utterly stupid, stupid and calculatedly offensive remark.

Gosh, let's see if there's an indelible link between heterosexuality and the abuse of girls in families, shall we ?

How about we go by religion as the key?

There must be something inherently awful in Roman Catholicism so that so many paedophiles are Roman Catholic priests or lay workers or Christian brothers, in comparison with say, Protestant pastors or elders, or imams or qadis in Islam.
    It was a bad opinion, but what You've written next to your condemnation of it is even dumber, and more calculatedly offensive.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

I believe that's the whole point.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

You should keep some level in discussion, even if You thinks others do not. If You claim such claims are bad, You should not make similar yourself. Especially that laughing at catholicism, esp. in connection to paedophilic affairs in USA, is common here and not restricted, as it should be.
        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

It was a bad opinion, but what You've written next to your condemnation of it is even dumber, and more calculatedly offensive.
          Well, we can only take so much from BK before we snap.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

nm
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

nm?
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Then what's the point of taking a vow of celibacy! If you are insulated from women, it really isn't anything big, is it? You aren't facing temptation and winning, you are cheating to make it absurdly easy.
                So are you saying I need to keep a rasher of bacon in the house?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  So are you saying I need to keep a rasher of bacon in the house?
                  Hey, if you want to say that you are sooo faithful because you don't eat pork and you will not fall to temptation, then perhaps so.

I mean how much of an accomplishment is it for Muslims in Iran to not eat pork?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Hey, if you want to say that you are sooo faithful because you don't eat pork and you will not fall to temptation, then perhaps so.

I mean how much of an accomplishment is it for Muslims in Iran to not eat pork?
                    I dont abstain from pork to show how faithful I am (indeed to take pride that way is itself sinful) - but to follow jewish law.

My point is that you may be missing the rationale for celibacy in the RCC. And for monasticism.

Comment

nm

Oh, here it is

Two Irishmen were sitting at a pub having beer and watching the brothel across the street. They saw a Baptist minister walk into the brothel, and one of them says, "Aye, 'tis a shame to see a man of the cloth goin' bad."

Then they saw a Rabbi enter the brothel, and the other Irishman says, "Aye, 'tis a shame to see that the Jews are fallin' victim to temptation as well."

Then they see a Catholic priest enter the brothel, and one of the Irishmen says, "What a terrible pity . . . one of the girls must be dying."

Comment

I dont abstain from pork to show how faithful I am (indeed to take pride that way is itself sinful) - but to follow jewish law.

My point is that you may be missing the rationale for celibacy in the RCC. And for monasticism.
                        The rational is nothing more than to show how faithful you really are. I'm so faithful to God that I abstain from sex. That's it. Nothing more.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                          Who ever said that even the most faithful live a life in total accordance with Christ's?
                          Jeshua married Mary Magedelen.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                            You should keep some level in discussion, even if You thinks others do not. If You claim such claims are bad, You should not make similar yourself. Especially that laughing at catholicism, esp. in connection to paedophilic affairs in USA, is common here and not restricted, as it should be.
                            I guess you misunderstood molly. I view his remarks as simply showing BK how offensive it was by making another analogous offensive example, not a claim.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You've read Da Vinci's code too many times
                              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                                80% of the abuse victims are boys. If there were no such connection, one would expect to see a less skewed ratio.
                                Freakonomics!

Comment

Working...
                                X