No announcement yet.

Lovely Rita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many of the people who tried to flee are still trapped on the road, I hope that won't be causing too much **** when the hurricane arrives...

And to be fair, I think Bush has been taking care to react properly.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• That was very nice of you, CO.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
        My cousin lives in Dallas, married to an oil billionarie. I haven't met her in 25 years, but I meet her father every year or two and I like him very much. I hope she is safe.
        Cousins married to oil billionares are precisely the family you want to make the biggest effort to stay in touch with.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• So far in San Antonio we have had wind gust of 13 mph, maybe. And a few white, puffy clouds.

We went from rain probable to partly cloudy tomorrow.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Cousins married to oil billionares are precisely the family you want to make the biggest effort to stay in touch with.
            My mother was there a few years ago, but I don't know. I would feel like some kind of parasite to contact her after all these years.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

My mother was there a few years ago, but I don't know. I would feel like some kind of parasite to contact her after all these years.
              I can take that burden of you: send me instead
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Have followed CNN this morning. It´s general mayhem all around it seems, and then the storm isn´t even as severe as predicted a few days ago. I´m sure glad I live in such a stable climate The town of Lake Charles is literarily torn down as I type, fires rage in Houston and Beaumont. Seeing it on TV it looks like the apocalypse...

Is it just me or is the storms coming more often and getting more severe? And will they continue to? And what will the effect be on the world economy if the US has to endure one or more of these storms every year?
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• That Cooper dude sure is having a ****ty job lately.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Oh crap. Dopler radar shows the eye passed a few miles west of Lake Charles, LA. A dear friend of mine has family there...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• I just heard my cousin from Dallas is at her parents in Sweden and will not return to US until monday.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Hey guys...report from Camden...

Steady, strong rain for the past few hours

Steady wind with some strong gusts

IIRC the weather forecaster said a few inches of rain with winds 20-30mph with stronger gusts. so things are going according to plan, I guess

I'm at the red dot...not exactly reporting from the eye of the action, but oh well
                        Attached Files
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• She missed sa all together . The only thing we got was wind gusts and that is it.
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Heck, I live in NW Houston, and for the most part we were missed. We had high winds from 2 to 4 this morning, but no damage, electricty went off a couple of times, but came back on quickly. We didn't even get a lot of rain, less then .1 of an inch.

Now we get to watch the hordes come back to town with no gasoline available on the routes back to town or in town. Should be an interesting couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
                              Hey guys...report from Camden...

Steady, strong rain for the past few hours

Steady wind with some strong gusts

IIRC the weather forecaster said a few inches of rain with winds 20-30mph with stronger gusts. so things are going according to plan, I guess

I'm at the red dot...not exactly reporting from the eye of the action, but oh well

Jesus Christ, that b*tch is going to stay on top of you for a whie. You better not drown on us...

Comment

• Goes to show what I know about Camden not getting any action. About 45 minutes after I posted, the power went out, and stayed so for 8 hours. A tree fell on a power line on the next street and although this story is happening a lot (trees knocking down power lines), my part of the city was the biggest one affected so we got it fixed the fastest. Basically what everyone who lives in the neighborhood did was actually get outside. People were out on their lawns (when it wasnt raining cats and dogs), walkin the dog, or going out to eat.

Once again, more steady rain and more steady 20-30mph winds. I think the winds have pretty much mostly passed us.

It will keep raining for a couple days, which will be a pain in the butt, but I dont have any reason to fear flooding. The lower parts of the city will probably come close to flooding, but it has been so long since we have had significant rain that the ground is ready to soak up as much as falls out of the sky...

The "eye" of the depression looked to be pretty close to Camden on the weather channel, so now I can claim to report from the eye of the action.

Finally, the aftermath? A quick glance outside just showed what I expected, a blanket of little twigs and leaves and pine needles on the ground. Basically anything the trees weren't holding on to really really tight. Some old weak trees have fallen, but no big problems.

Thats all from mrmitchell, reporting from the eye of the action. (top that, anderson cooper)

edit: PS. I think it was worse in El Dorado (30 miles southeast, the place where the chem waste plant caught fire if any of you remember). They had "widespread power outages" and I heard on the radio that the wind turned over a truck on the road.
                                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                                X