Lovely Rita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Rita

Currently, Tropical Depression 18 , it should, by later today become Tropical Storm Rita. Currently it is projected to head through the Florida Straits as Hurricane Rita and looks like it will eventually hit the Rio Grande. Notice the cone of deviation, however. Aside from hitting us as a weak hurricane, it could hit Louisiana.

Dang!

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Didnt katrina start as a weak tropical storm??? If it heads that path it could bring torential rain storms to san antonio. Not good since he just got over a full week of rain
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Dont all hurricanes start as weak tropical storms?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I dont know eli i live in an area that isnt usually hit by one there for i dont follow that news to closely
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

That's ok, here in Great Macedonia we also have no hurricanes. At least if you dont count all the hot wind our FOPOGian neighbors are making at times.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
            Dont all hurricanes start as weak tropical storms?
            well
            they start as thunderstorm clusters and move together

they become a TROPICAL DEPRESSION (TD)

the they become a TROPICAL STROM (TS)
            then a HURRICANE

HERE is a helpful link with answers and a ton of information

Gramps "da Immortal One" Troll
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Why do they choose such stupid names.

They should really have hooker names like Tiffany, or Brandi or Angel...
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Or candy, but if you look at it this way in a lot of mens eyes they would say usually the wifes name like katrina rita and susan that cause the most gustful storms

Comment

Or Stacey....
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Or Stacey....
                    could be Cept you spelled it wrong.

Comment

How about Hurricane "TAKE IT OFF !!!!"
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

How about Hurricane "TAKE IT OFF !!!!"
                        Better yet Hurricane hand over your check Book... In the words of Comedian Ron White " write the check premium Boy"

Comment

So after Hurricane Zoe submerges New Orleans for the second time this year, what do we call the next storm?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            So after Hurricane Zoe submerges New Orleans for the second time this year, what do we call the next storm?
                            IIRC Roman Numerials come into play
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Actually, according to the NHC, it seems that after the list is exausted (there's only 4 names left: Stan, Tammy, Vince, and Wilma), they start using the letters of the Greek alphabet as names.

Hopefully it won't get that far, but the current pace of things certainly suggests otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X