Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greece WINS European mens basketball championship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabonis
    The great representaive of the oldgoodevilsoviet school.

Comment

• Is good Saras ignoring evil Serb again?
      Have you followed my link? Still whining that it was Lithuanians only who advanced the Soviet basketball school? Then why it was a Russian who was the first international player ever elected into the Basketball Hall of Fame, not Lithuanian? I bet it was a conspiracy against you, 'cause that Russian has absolutely the same name as the evil Serb?

Comment

• Look, there was a Russian school (Gomelsky) and a Lithuanian (Garastas) school - plus our basketball tradition predates Soviet occupation.. It appears our school is/was better, since we're still producing top players and decent international performance. And you're not, at least not consistently.
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Blah-blah-blah, Soviet occupation, blah-blah-blah = whinig which slowly transforms into a d!ck comparison fest.
          At least now I see that you've softened your "we were the Soviet school" position a bit.

A minute of silence for Gomelsky. He was a great coach and the Great Alaxander.
          Last edited by Serb; September 28, 2005, 11:33.

Comment

• I remeber him in a silly TV show a couple of years ago, when he was sharing a little secrets how to hold yourself in shape to be Ok with your young wife. The guy was way beyond 70 and has wife who was 50 or so years younger. Those secrets actually called sport. He run few kilometers every morning.
            A great man and a great coach.

Some info for guys who never heard the name. Yeah, it's from NBA hall of fame:

He died several weeks ago at age 77. An entire epoch of Soviet/Russian baskeball died with him.
            Last edited by Serb; September 28, 2005, 12:12.

Comment

Who doesn't know Gomelsky? A legend and with great respect from Gianakkis and the Greek basketball world in general. Sabonis is also famous. Great player.
              But since we are talking about that era with Galis Sabonis the strategic leadership of Gomelsky etc let us not forget Petrovic of former Yugoslavia either who died tragically. Great talent too.

Another player of USSR in that historic match was a huge guy who mistakenly hit Gianakkis with his elbow on the head! We're talking of a massive blow! Even I winched in pain
              What was his name? I know he unfortunately died recently of leukemia. I remember him making statements of that match and that blow to the head of Gianakkis. Seemed a great guy. All those players had immense respect for one another. Just like athletism is meant to be.

Comment

• Don't remeber that episode, sorry.
                Good 'empi' strike could be deadly. I hope it was an accident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                  Blah-blah-blah, Soviet occupation, blah-blah-blah = whinig which slowly transforms into a d!ck comparison fest.
                  Well if I were not a supernice person, I'd go "blah blah blah German occupation = whining".

At least now I see that you've softened your "we were the Soviet school" position a bit.

That was such a blatant troll in the first place. Russians now (and back then) played completely different basketball. There were two schools (maybe two and a half, Ukraine also has something going there, as does Latvia from time to time)

A minute of silence for Gomelsky. He was a great coach and the Great Alaxander.
                  ----

IIRC Vladimir Tkachenko centered for USSR in 1987 instead of Sabonis.
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• I think it was Tkachenko....
                    And it was really an accident. Gianakkis went in trying to get the ball. Tkachenko lifted his arms and did a circular motion. As he got his arms down his elbow got Gianakkis right on the middle of the forhead (on the "cross" as we say ) and floored him fortunately nothing, at least noticeable, was left as a sideeffect to Gianakkis from that hit

Comment

• Originally posted by Saras

Well if I were not a supernice person,
                      First we had a "supercitizen", now we have a "supernice". The end is near.

I'd go "blah blah blah German occupation = whining".
                      When did I whine about German occupation of Russia? Remind me when was the last time when Russia joined Germany? I go from my rough memory, so I could be wrong, but wasn't it Russia who defeated Germany during the last world war? In other words, last attempt to grab some Russian land ended up with Russians standing in Berlin. And you call that a German occupation?

That was such a blatant troll in the first place.
                      You repeat it so often that I actully bought it.

Russians now (and back then) played completely different basketball. There were two schools (maybe two and a half, Ukraine also has something going there, as does Latvia from time to time)
                      The problem is that I believe our school is superior.
                      Sue me.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Serb; September 28, 2005, 15:46.

Comment

• let us not forget Petrovic of former Yugoslavia either who died tragically. Great talent too.

*cough*

Croatia.

Comment

• Ah, the glorious Olympics of 92... playing against The Dream Team... it was downhill for our basketball evers since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                            When did I whine about German occupation of Russia? Remind me when was the last time when Russia joined Germany? I go from my rough memory, so I could be wrong, but wasn't it Russia who defeated Germany during the last world war? In other words, last attempt to grab some Russian land ended up with Russians standing in Berlin. And you call that a German occupation?
                            You're just too easy

The problem is that I believe our school is superior.
                            Sue me.
                            You also believe USSR was the best thing mankind (incl Lithuania) has seen.

Comment

• Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion
                                [img]

Ah, the glorious Olympics of 92... playing against The Dream Team... it was downhill for our basketball evers since.
                                Actually, for theirs too...

Comment

Working...
                                X