what do you want to switch off today?

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

(reaching for ctl-alt-del) "I wouldn't do that, Dave."

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
        Any word about Excel? there hasn't been a significant upgrade since 2000. Perhaps they'll eventually get rid of the 256 rows limit?
        The interface change will have no effect for me because i only use shrtkeys anyway but this is the only Office improvement that I really need. It would be really nice if we could make 1024x16384 sheets or 128x131072.
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          useless stuff to drain my computer resources and make me buy a new graphics card
          You can afford it, just boost PLUS revenue. Maybe follow in Microsoft's proven footsteps and release seven different PLUS subscription options, from StarterPLUS (.99$ a month, a limit of three posts a month, no avatar, sig or PM access) to Ultimate PLUS.

Comment

or i can charge for stuff that i should normally give for free like what i read M$ will be doing with spyware protection....

Comment

aaaah i guess they thought things a bit more....
              "Just as spyware is something that we have to nip down today, we have decided that all licensed Windows users should have that protection at no charge," Gates said.

but i WAS reading on paying services being included in vista....

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                You can afford it, just boost PLUS revenue. Maybe follow in Microsoft's proven footsteps and release seven different PLUS subscription options, from StarterPLUS (.99$ a month, a limit of three posts a month, no avatar, sig or PM access) to Ultimate PLUS.
                Why is it bad that consumers get choice on what they want with Windows?

There's basically 7 versions now too:

Windows XP Home
                Windows XP Professional
                Windows XP Professional Corporate Edition
                Windows XP Media Center Edition
                Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
                Windows XP Home N (Europe only)
                Windows XP Professional N (Europe only)

Why should there be a one-size-fits-all OS? Why should corporate users have to get the Windows with Tablet PC software or Media Center software? Why would gamers want extensive Active Directory support in their OS?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  or i can charge for stuff that i should normally give for free like what i read M$ will be doing with spyware protection....
                  The irony is, of course, MS has said spyware protection will remain free...yet you still spell it "M$" like a 1337 AOL h4x0r.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

i just said that 2 posts ago

Comment

Working...
                    X