Where to eat in Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the US we call smoked meat BBQ.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not the same thing, brother.

I've had BBQ. The closest you come is brisket, but that doesn't capture any of the deliciousness...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You know, with all the Canadian snowbirds down here, you'd think we'd have a Canadian resteraunt or two. There's all kinds of stuff for Brit ex-pats.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Canadian food is worse than British food, obviously.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well, most Canadian food is just American food. When I was in Winterpeg, I asked my host to take me to get some Canadian food, and she took me to get a burger and fries.

Comment

Well, most Canadian food is just American food.

'Tis true.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

As far as Anglo Canada is concerned, there really is no "cuisine", but there are a few foods you can only find in here, though granted not many... and most are borrowed from the Quebcers anyways.

Quebec has its own cuisine, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Comment

Land of immigrants, just like you guys. Our food is the food from all over the world that people have come from.

Staples tend to be regional. Heavy on sea food on the coasts, beef on the praries, etc.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Imran, Imran.....what are we going to do with you? Of course you're not familiar with Quebec cuisine - or Canadian cuisine either. Just because you have a Canadian DL, doesn't mean you know anything about the country.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Ben's

Comment

I forgot, Newfoundland has a very distinct cuisine. Personally I find it disgusting.

Comment

Land of immigrants, just like you guys. Our food is the food from all over the world that people have come from.
                          Yeah, but thats not what people are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                            I forgot, Newfoundland has a very distinct cuisine. Personally I find it disgusting.
                            And could you describe it please, "Jimmy"?
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

What a shame I missed this thread. I would have ordered you to get a poutine at the Banquise.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

What a shame I missed this thread. I would have ordered you to get a poutine at the Banquise.
                                The perfect late-night snack

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, GePap, I rarely eat out.

This link could prove to be helpful

YellowPages.ca (YP.ca) connects you to Canada's businesses, products and services, providing all the information from the business directory: addresses and telephone numbers + videos, photos, email and web sites
                                Last edited by Nostromo; September 17, 2005, 21:48.
                                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                                X