No announcement yet.

Where to eat in Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say "good poutine" but I'm not sure there is any such thing.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I reccomend any La Be lle probince for pioutine

Otherwise, I ageree with waht has been said so far.

For a burger yo u might want to chekc out MR Stteeer on Ste Cathereine's around Peel (can't remembver exactly right now)

Very delicious standard AMsderican cuisinge. Curly rfries are gereay

Ben or sSchwarz's for smoked wmeat is esseantialy Ben's is on de Maissoneuv3 (between ste catherine and sherbrooke) aroung Mansfield IIRC. Schwarz's is on the Main on St Laurent. Both are deliciout.s

Sorry for being drunk.
      sudkera
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Also, I recomnend yhtat you have a Dqagwood's sandwich while in Montreal., There's a Dagwood's on Ste \Catherine
        at Guy. ORder the Dagwood's sandwich with Tomato, Lettuce and the Dagwood's sauce. The last item in sessential. To quote a review of the restaruant "[dagwood's sauce] might just be God's sweat"

Hah.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Man was made an omnivore for a reason.
          Er, to make it easier to survive as a hunter-gatherer?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Out of curiosity - can one take a toddler to a youth hostel (and even if one can, is it bad form?). Also, what are the age limits for the adult, I would have thought I was too old, but from what I've gathered GePap is not exactly a compatriot of Kuci. Plus my wife may very well fall into the proper age brackets.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I wouldn't go to a hostel as a family.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Not necessarily as a family - my wife might go seperately and then meet up with me due to my job and problems getting off any significant amount of time. However, I have a suspicion that toddlers and youth hostels are not exactly a good fit.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Some youth hostels have family rooms. And there really isnt an age limit anymore, as long as you pay the annual membership.

We were once in Boston, on an emergency trip when my dad was sick, and it was the weekend of several graduations, and every hotel in the metro area was booked solid - we finally got a room at a hostel - it was actually a Boston University dorm that was temporarily a hostel. There was no AC, but we were OK with that, we just needed places to stay.

Ive since stayed at hostels in Hartford, Ct, and in Virginia Beach, Va (not sure if the latter was a federation hostel). And im no spring chicken.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I am back from Montreal. Thank you for all the suggestions- I ended up going to Fairmount Bagels and Schwrtz, as well as St Vitauers bagels and a few other places. I was generally happy with all the places I went to eat, and had a very nice time walking around Montreal as well.

I saw one family in the Hostel, a British couple with two small children. Honestly, it seemed a nice place fore the kids, if you make sure the family has the room for themselves. There were wuite a lot of non youths there, and the place was clean, and not rowdy at all. They had a communal dinning room in the basement as well as kitchens for people to cook their own meals. Overall I was happy with the hostel, and it had a great central location.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I know the dude who owns St Viatteur's Bagel

He once served bagels to Prince Charles...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I was generally happy with all the places I went to eat,
                        You're from New York, everything is going to be a slight letdown by comparison with what you can get there.

Comment

You didn't go to a Montreal steak house?
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Smoked meat, bagel and poutine are much higher on my list than is steak...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

POOOOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTIINEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
                              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                                Smoked meat, bagel and poutine are much higher on my list than is steak...
                                Agreed!

Although a good steak with Montreal Steak Spice is mouth watering.

But if you find just the right place, the poutine and/or smoked meat will dazzle you.

My favorite for poutines is a small place near the Jacques Cartier Bridge on the south shore.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X