Where to eat in Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to eat in Montreal

Given the fair number of Canucks here in Poly, I thought I might ask.

I shall be in Montreal Wednesday and Thursday, and I am wonderingh if anyone has any recommendations for places to eat or drink..I would appreciate if they are on the economical side, given that money is tight.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Schwartz's Deli for Montreal smoked meat. Biddle's if you like live jazz - it's more pricey though. Lots of other restaraunts on Rue Cresent, just off Rue Ste. Catherine.

Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

There's this amazingly good and cheap Vietnamese place. Forget the address but it's right down the street from the city's youth hostel.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Which youth hostel? I am staying at a hostel..is it close to the arena?

Comment

this one:

It's like a block away, really small place. Go out the front door of the hostel and go straight. Called IIRC Le Aroma d'Asia or something vaguely similar to that. Get the crispy duck set meal, it's amazingly good and costs like $8 canadian and includes soup, salad, dessert and appetizer...
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Schwartz's and Ben's are probably the two best (or at a minimum, most iconic) smoked meat shops in Montreal. Ben's is more in the downtown core. I can recommend a couple of pretty good places on St. Laurent, but they wouldn't fall under the economical category - Moishes for steak, and the Globe for more casual fare.

Just head to the Plateau area on St. Laurent and/or St. Denis. You won't have any problem finding a place to eat there.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I think that's the place I am staying. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Eat frogs' legs. Have all you want!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oops. Forgot the winkie.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      Eat frogs' legs. Have all you want!
                      Only if I find them for cheap. Otherwise, I have no problems. After eating snails, chicken innards, all sorts of cow innards and other assorted paraphanelia, a few frogs hinds legs are no biggie.

I mean some people can be such babies when it comes to what they will ingest. Man was made an omnivore for a reason.

Comment

There should be no shortage. Island in the middle of a river... Large French population...

It's a veritable bonanza of frogs!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Fairmount Bagels is a must. Montreal bagels are fantastic.

Ben's
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

Tell him where to get some poutine.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Anywhere?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X