Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, guess who was hired to cleanup New Orleans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, guess who was hired to cleanup New Orleans?

That's right, our favorite company!

The Navy has hired Houston-based Halliburton Co. to restore electric power, repair roofs and remove debris at three naval facilities in Mississippi damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Halliburton subsidiary KBR will also perform damage assessments at other naval installations in New Orleans as soon as it is safe to do so.

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process. The company is not involved in the Army Corps of Engineers' effort to repair New Orleans' levees.

I wonder how they got the job .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Well obviously we saw what a spectacular job they've done in Iraq...
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I am sorry, but this isn't getting any reaction of dismay from me - I'm like "hahahaha I can't believe they are the strongest nation on earth lollololol"
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah, sounds like the US are a real banana republic.

Comment

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process.

Who were the competition?

Not that I really am interested
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Haliburton are the go-to people when you talk about this stuff.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yeah, thats what Dick told Bush.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Hey, guess who was hired to cleanup New Orleans?

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I wonder how they got the job
                Perhaps by KBR being handful of USA constuction companies capable of handling huge jobs in areas of dubious or savage infrastructer, and being the one with bases nearby in Houston, Now that bechtel and another of the monster construction companies got contracts. Brwon and Root (KBR) is the world's leader in quicly projecting a hugh constructtion job in an area with limited local construction resources.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

The odds on this must have been below 1
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

How come they always make good business from others suffering, no matter where it happens or how?

And why do they win all the other contractors?

I mean come on! This sounds like a bad movie already ..

BUt.. priceless material for all conspiracy nuts I guess.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Material for 3 Michael Moore books in just 2 weeks. He will get rich and fat, too.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                        Material for 3 Michael Moore books in just 2 weeks. He will get rich and fat, too.

already fat , already rich
                        "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by boann
                          already fat , already rich
                          That won't make him stop

Comment

Re: Hey, guess who was hired to cleanup New Orleans?

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            That's right, our favorite company!

The Navy has hired Houston-based Halliburton Co. to restore electric power, repair roofs and remove debris at three naval facilities in Mississippi damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Halliburton subsidiary KBR will also perform damage assessments at other naval installations in New Orleans as soon as it is safe to do so.

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process. The company is not involved in the Army Corps of Engineers' effort to repair New Orleans' levees.

I wonder how they got the job .
                            What's even funnier is that all three of these facilities that they're going to repair are on the BRAC chopping block.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Well, we now know why survivors are shooting at the rescuers. I mean, who wouldn't??

Comment

Working...
                              X