No announcement yet.

The Foreigners Are Coming !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VetLegion, I agree that every effort should be made to help the immigrants and most of all rhe refugees to integrate better. I like the police idea. And of course, to either catch up or to do what other peers are doing so ,, without that they only have each other to rely on and that's when you get gangs as a result, and natives, and tensions.

"The effect the army, sports and so on are supposed to have is overrated."

No, because:

"People were usually assigned as far from home as possible, units were mixed, individualism, localpatriotism and so on were violently discouraged."

You answered it yourself. You just did it wrong.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I like the police idea.

Really? I was pulling your leg though allowing ex criminals, petty or not, into police force is a very bad idea.

You answered it yourself. You just did it wrong.

Every army in the world promotes obedience, loayalty to the country and army itself. All other things are suppressed, no?

Comment

All other things suppressed? Well no. Loyalty to your team, team work, that's the most important factor. EVEN more important than loyalty to your country and army. Because the team represents it all. That's what is encouraged.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Yeah but you can't have some guy say "I fight for Tempere" and another "I fight for my people in Helsinki". You have to make them all uniformly Finnish.

Comment

yeah so? You fight for the guy next to you who fights for you. Screw everyone else. You want to go because your friends are going too. YOu don't want to leave them. They don't want to leave you. You are shoulder to shoulder.

We don't fight for the flag or some other symbols.

Lesson for you to learn.

And how is that all achieved? Team. Work.
            In da butt.

Comment

You've missed my point. Army is not a strong force of cultural integration or assimilation. It can't make Finns out of non Finns, Yugoslavians out of Croats nor Israelis from Arabs.

Comment

Right, but it sure helps the minorities to understand and 'get in to the groove'. They are not asked to become us. They are asked to integrate. That's different. With ingeration it mea ns that you can and should still hold high and aprpeciate where you come from. Do that thing. But also, when it comes to working inside this new society, you should work your way there like the society.. well works. And not expect the society to change.

THat's the difference. To understand, learn and to be able to move within this new system and people, while of course keeping your own precious and priceless cultural things and what not alive with you and your family and friends and maybe even let some of the natives in too, who have taste for exotic things.
                In da butt.

Comment

*Bump* for paiktis.

Have Albanians won the Greek war of independance or not?

Comment

summary please

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      and nazi collaborator croats!
                      not only collaborators they massacred hunderrnds of thousands because they wanted to prove they are germans not slavs

Comment

and they still do the salute u know.
                        vetty plays the virgin mary here but there... its another story. thats why they are forboden from the eu
                        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 14, 2005, 13:58.

Comment

Greek fascists

Now please answer my question

Comment

I'd reeducate each and every...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                                Have Albanians won the Greek war of independance or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X