No announcement yet.

California legislature passes bill allowing gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California's referendum system is ridiculous. This is just the latest proof.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Arnie vetoes it. No two ways about it. Has already said, will veto. No homos marrying.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

No, I don't think that's true. His PR staff has repeatedly said that he thinks it is an issue that the courts should decide. It seems unlikely that he would then contradict such statements and torpedo it.

I, for one, am very proud of my home state. Gavin's gambit is finally paying off.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

He will veto it. Period.

Be proud after that. You are gay haters.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

We from San Francisco take your remark very seriously. We truly are all bigots. These gays really are a plague, and the psychiatrist bills are certainly piling up with all these self-hating gays around us. Oh, woe betide our collective soul.
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Yeah, in the eyes of civilized world, you are only the 'less of bigots', but still.. homo haters.

shame on you America, shame on you.

But on more positive note, that schnitzel looks delicious!
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Yeah, in the eyes of civilized world, you are only the 'less of bigots', but still.. homo haters.

shame on you America, shame on you.
                We do what we can. Things like this don't last forever; I have faith in the eventual triumph of civil rights for all our people. I suspect that, as has been the case with other pieces of state legislation, it will start in California and move elsewhere. I hope that this is the start of that, but defeat by the Governor or the Courts only delays the inevitable.

You will find, I think, that America will not be the last nation to abandon such institutionalized bigotry. I only wish it had been among the first.

But on more positive note, that schnitzel looks delicious!

Comment

Oh yes it will be last . But it will happen though....

Quick Fact, I had my first wienerschnitzel in Austria. And then few more. It was... Umhh, so good!
                  In da butt.

Comment

this is not civil rights

black people don't choose to be black

gay guys choose to put their shlongs in the butts duh
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm told that wine improves with age. Sava appears to have gotten nuttier.

Comment

how come arnold can become governor but not president?

that's just wrong!
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                          I'm told that wine improves with age. Sava appears to have gotten nuttier.
                          do you not know when I'm pretending to be a conservative?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X