No announcement yet.

California legislature passes bill allowing gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the news today, I heard Arnold said this is for the courts to decide, not by his signature

uhmmm haven't republicans been saying they don't like the courts deciding this stuff?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey guys

Are Californians starting to realize they actually really did elect ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER as governor

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Gay "marriage"

Btw, gays won't marry anyway, because they're just a bunch of homosluts

Hey!!

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Here comes that rapture.

Comment

Doing these things the democratic way.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Doing the right thing by any means necessary.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                Btw, gays won't marry anyway, because they're just a bunch of homosluts.
                i remeber reading an article by some gay dude a while back, he was outraged by the whole gay marriage thing. he said back in his day the gays were only thinking about wild sex parties, and today they were talking about settling down and getting married

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

If Arnie signs it, I wonder if Phelps will go after the GOVERNATOR

Comment

I'd pay to see that fight.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      If Arnie signs it, I wonder if Phelps will go after the GOVERNATOR
                      I guarantee that he will. This Phelps character is C R A Z Y... He makes Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell look like mild mannered moderates.
                      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Arnie said he was going to veto the bill.
                        Donate to the American Red Cross.
                        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                          Sorry to rain on your parade, but Arnie said he was going to veto the bill.

doesn't matter

rain is good

what comes after rain

RAINBOW

THE SYMBOL OF GAYITY!

RAINING ON PARADE =BRINGING ON THE GAYPOCALYPSE
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Are you the child of Sava and MrFun?

Comment

Arnie has to veto it. He's in the low 30s on approval rating, is getting beat by all the major potential Democrat candidates in current opinion polls, and has so alienated Dems and Independents that he has no hope of bringing them back into the fold. Hell, a recent poll had over 60% now saying they wouldn't recall Davis, if they had it to do all over again.

If he signed the bill, he'd get no credit for it and would then alienate the Republican right, which he desperately needs to hold on to if he wants any shot in 2006.

Looks like it will be Governor Angelides.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Ah, ochlocracy in action:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he would veto a bill to legalize same-sex marriage ``out of respect for the will of the people,'' drawing heated criticism from gay rights supporters and cheers from conservative groups.

The bill, narrowly passed by lawmakers in the past week, would make California the first state to legalize same-sex marriage through its legislature. In Massachusetts, recognition of gay marriages came through a court ruling.

But Schwarzenegger said Wednesday the legislation would conflict with the intent of voters when they approved an initiative five years ago that prevents California from recognizing same-sex marriages performed in other states or countries.

``We cannot have a system where the people vote and the Legislature derails that vote,'' the governor's press secretary, Margita Thompson, said in a statement.
                                Latest World news news, comment and analysis from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice

Yes, because voters' intentions never change. And presumably, the 'people' don't include any gay and lesbian voters.

In any case, Ms. Thompson's statement would seem to indicate that she has never heard of the problems encountered by those seeking interracial marriages, and is indeed also ignorant of the history of Civil Rights' legislation in the United States.

Amnesia- the modern American ailment.
                                Last edited by molly bloom; September 8, 2005, 06:48.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X