Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California legislature passes bill allowing gay marriage

California legislature passes bill allowing gay marriage

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Excellent.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Driving up the mountain and getting married on the Tahoe Queen* or M.S. Dixie* in Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe or at any of the ski resorts

*Both are paddle-wheelers
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Ah, even more work for divorce lawyers.

Comment

Damn you activist legislators!

They think they can just change the laws as they see fit.

Comment

This is going to be a fun week, if not month, in the Bay Area.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I heard that Governator is going to veto it because it wasn't a decision "by the people" (in other words by referendum ).

Populism:

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                Damn you activist legislators!

They think they can just change the laws as they see fit.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This give Chief Justice George an out.

In Lockyer v. San Francisco, the California Supreme Court says quite clearly that only the Leglislature can create laws dealing with marriage. With that phrase as a backdrop, I don't see how the Supremes, if they find a violation of the Equal Protection Clause, can judicially create gay marriages. I think the Cal. Supremes would have to strike down all marriages because the law permitting them in California was constitutional.

Actually, if Arnold is cool, he can just sit around for 12 days and the bill becomes a law unless he vetos it.

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Btw, gays won't marry anyway, because they're just a bunch of homosluts.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Marrying is just so reactionary. Too bad that in this country it comes with tax advantage and the option to share property so that in case of death the partner gets it all. So gays want to marry.

Comment

@ activist legislatures

Comment

How could Ahnold not veto it? The national party will hang him in effigy if he doesn't.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

He doesn't care for the national party. UNLESS they change the constitution in that bit there you know which

Comment

Working...
                              X