No announcement yet.

CanPol: Let's Get Ready to Ruuuumble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The premier of Ontario is considered to be a personage who should be taken seriously.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
      All good things to do, but do we need every penny of the $30 billion a year, or more, in royalties that the oil sands could eventually bring to spend on ourselves?

Tories (real ones) believe in something about an obligation to help those less fortunate out of duty, not compulsion. Why could we not offer help with regional development in other parts of Canada? Why should we wait for other to demand it? Why can't we be as wealthy in spirit as we are in material?
      Because the oil won't be around forever, and once it's gone we'll be worthless to the Feds as we always were in the past.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
        Klien is simply creating a boogyman to hide his own dismal performance. There hasn't been ANY threat from the feds on this, in fact, they specifically deny having any designs on Alberts's wealth.
        What dismal performance?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Because the oil won't be around forever, and once it's gone we'll be worthless to the Feds as we always were in the past.
          Asher, by the time the oil is gone Alberta and BC will have a population equal to or exceeding Ontario.

Feel the power.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Asher, by the time the oil is gone Alberta and BC will have a population equal to or exceeding Ontario.

Feel the power.
            But unless we get our ass in gear with diversification, we may as well be a poverty province when that oil does run out.

Comment

I think America needs to liberate Alberta.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We have our ass in gear as is. Our 'direct' revenues stand to more than double. Do we need to spend every penny of that on ourselves?

How about lending at good terms to development across the country? We get the money back. They get jobs and better economies. Everybody wins and we lose nothing.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

We have our ass in gear as is. Our 'direct' revenues stand to more than double. Do we need to spend every penny of that on ourselves?

How about lending at good terms to development across the country? We get the money back. They get jobs and better economies. Everybody wins and we lose nothing.
                  I'm not sure what we would gain by handing out welfare checks to Newfoundland fishermen.

Comment

But unless we get our ass in gear with diversification, we may as well be a poverty province when that oil does run out.
                    Yes, except the oil won't be running out in the near future. The Athabasca Oil Sands deposit contains ~1.6 trillion barrels of crude, of which ~311 billion barrels can be extracted economically using today's technology. As a comparison, Saudi Arabia's proven reserves are ~260 billion barrels. So we have plenty to spare.
                    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      I think America needs to liberate Alberta.
                      Ever had a rabid badger gnaw yer dick off?

Iraq would be seen as a relative success.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

I'm not sure what we would gain by handing out welfare checks to Newfoundland fishermen.
                        Surely there are opportunities for development that do not amount to welfare cheques for fishermen.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Surely there are opportunities for development that do not amount to welfare cheques for fishermen.
                          I don't believe it, not in Newfoundland anyway.

Comment

Ever had a rabid badger gnaw yer dick off?

Iraq would be seen as a relative success.
                            1. Iraq was fought on the cheap... and in a half-assed way. America would do it right for Canada.

2. Iraqi insurgents are fanatical. Canadians are pushovers.

3. America is undefeated against other white people.

4. Iraq is one large weapons cache. Canada is not... well... mostly hunting rifles. Certainly not AK-47s and RPG's.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

America is undefeated against other white people.

To sig, or not to sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                                3. America is undefeated against other white people.
                                You forget when you tried to invade Canada in the war of 1812, and failed.

Comment

Working...
                                X