Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will win the 05/06 Stanley Cup! (Plus hot picks for office pools)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a star detective. It wasn't me, Che - want to apologize yet?

Oilers for the cup... maybe somewhere down the road. Chris Pronger isn't a bad place to start

Comment

Pronger and Peca were a great one-two! Wow.

But then not much after that. Ah well, we got a couple good players in, and now we might be able to keep some of the up and comers.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I voted Habs. I think Philly will win it all, but I'd rank the Habs in a top 6 pick for sure, and anyone who makes the playoffs have a chance, so Go Habs Go!!!

As for hot picks, I made a steal with Mike Ribeiro last season, and by golly, I think he'll be just as big a bargain this year.

I managed to pick him up as a free agent about a week before preseason last season, on a tip from a local news station cuz 1 reporter said he looked bigger and more talented than last year, and the most suprising returning young gun of the year. I turned this free agent pick up into my suprising weapon that led the Habs in points. I think he has a chance at repeating this.

Also, Never forget Michael Ryder. Hes gonna be good. Need a darkhorse defenceman? Francis Bouillion will come into his own this year.

Im not only listing Habs cuz Im a homer, but just cuz i see them most.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I vote for Anaheim... I think they have a strong team coming up, and I feel some momentum with them.. they will have a strong first field so .. I think that alone will carry them in the play offs, even though one should never put their money on one field.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Who voted for the Maple Leafs?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              I vote for Anaheim... I think they have a strong team coming up, and I feel some momentum with them.. they will have a strong first field so .. I think that alone will carry them in the play offs, even though one should never put their money on one field.
              Sadly enough.. Anaheim does seem to often put together a respectable hockey team

Comment

Guess who I voted for?

Ok, ok, I don't actually think they'll win, but what the Hell.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So their are 12 people within my own office pool.. Each person must pick a team as well as 12 players, order of picking decided by draw

Points that your team earns you are 2 per win and 5 per shutout. It's all regular season, playoffs excluded. I've thus far come up with the following choices (in order) for teams:

1- Philadelphia Flyers
                  2 - Ottawa Senators
                  3 - Calgary Flames (or) Vancouver Canucks ???
                  5 - San Jose Sharks
                  6 - New Jersey Devils
                  7 - Tampa Bay
                  8 - Nashville
                  9 - Colorado
                  10 - Montreal
                  11 - Dallas
                  12 - Los Angeles

Note that the Red Wings aren't a considered option. Foolish choices, or on route to victory?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Guess who I voted for?

Ok, ok, I don't actually think they'll win, but what the Hell.
                    Don't tell me.... No one on the Wikipedia said the Maple Leafs were a bad team, so you voted for them!
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                    X