Gotta love cats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love cats...

So I'm sleeping quite peacefully this morning. It's around 6:30AM local time and I feel something bump my head, waking me. It's my buddy, Morris. So I roll over and pet him. He starts purring. I think okay, that's nice, now I'm going back to sleep. So I roll back over again and try to go back asleep.

That pissed him off I guess. He wanted more attention. So he takes his paw and bats at the back of my head. I turn around and say, "what? I already pet you!" I pet him some more. "fine is that enough?" I put my head back down to go to sleep.

There's something you have to understand. This time of year my allergies are bad. Within about 5-10 minutes of waking up in the morning, I start sneezing and can't fall back asleep. So if I get woken up, I must go back to sleep fast or else I'm screwed.

So I'm trying to fall back asleep... hopefully until about 8 AM (which it's about right now). The cat is still sitting next to my head. I feel him staring at me. "Go away" I'm thinking. Finally, I feel him starting to walk away. He jumps off the bed. Thank god! But then...

He gets a running start and jumps on my bed, then sprints from the foot to the head of the bed, then across the pillow, stomping on my head, then back down the bed, them back up... back and forth he's running FULL SPEED ON MY BED!!! WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM CAT!!?!?!?!

I sit up in bed. He stops and sits down by me feet, giving me "goo goo eyes". And then... I sneeze. He meows.

"Thank you *******, now I'm awake, are you happy?"

he meows.

the littler monster:
    Attached Files
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Dogs
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Cats

I was hoping for a recent picture.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Cats

I was hoping for a recent picture.
        sorry, digicam is not operational...

I lost the software CD so I can't download my pics from the camera. I kept the prog from when I reinstalled Windows, but it doesn't work properly without a clean install.

BTW, Sloww. Since my sister moved in with her BF (now fiance) they got an orange cat. That makes 3 orangees in our family now.

Next week, for a belated birthday present, my mom is giving my sister a siamese kitten. I got to choose it.

I think I'll buy a new cam so I can post pics.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My dad cat (Pan) died quite unexpectedly during the night following 9/11.
          Son Bogey, follows me everywhere, even more than Pan did.
          Here directly I'll try and snap a shot.
          Not trying to hijack your thread, just thought might like to see.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

My wife moved to Germany a while back & stayed for about a year. We took our cat with us. Unfortunately, he thought that when the sun comes up, everyone should get up. Two basic problems with that: (1) the sun comes up markedly earlier in Bavaria than it does in Arkansas; and (2) he had that cat-vision that let him see the sun coming up long before it was light enough to wake me up. He was getting us up at about 4:30 . . .

One of my favorite cat jokes: Do you know the difference between dog theology and cat theology? The dog looks at you and thinks, "he loves me, he feeds me, he gives me a good home. . . therefore, he must be a god." The cat looks at you and thinks, "he loves me, he feeds me, he gives me a good home . . . therefore, I must be a god."

Comment

Mine wakes me by lifting my hand with her head (to make me pet her).

A orange/tabby cross (rust coloured).

Sorry, no pics.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

One of my cats wake me up by pummeling items next to the bed, like my glasses and the newspaper. Won't stop till I surrender.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Cats!
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    My dad cat (Pan) died quite unexpectedly during the night following 9/11.
                    Son Bogey, follows me everywhere, even more than Pan did.
                    Here directly I'll try and snap a shot.
                    Not trying to hijack your thread, just thought might like to see.

I welcome other cat pics!

here...

I scanned a recent picture of Morris...
                    Attached Files
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Dogs > Cats, but not on this issue. Dogs can ask for stuff, too - especially they can ask to take them on a walk. But I usually reason rather fast with my dog - if I want to go on sleeping, I just ignore him for a 30 seconds, he gets the picture, and goes back to sleep, as well.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

This is Trixter. He died a few years ago... quite suddenly... of renal failure.

He was a great cat.

We rescued him from a humane society. He was abused as a kitten. Also, he was born without one of cats' two voice boxes. So he was "mute". He could still meow, sort of. We put the collar with the bell on him so we could hear him if he got stuck somewhere or was in trouble. He used to love going outside in the backyard. He would walk along the edge of our backyard, peeing on the bushes like every 2 feet.

It was funny, before we had Trixter, we had a Siamese, "Alexander". He was the loudest cat I've ever known. And he used to annoy my dad so much. You should have seen the look on my dad's face when we brought Trixter home and told him he was mute.

This picture was from a professional photographer. Yes, we have problems. We took our cats to a professional guy to take cute pics. It took this guy like a half hour to get this one picture of Trixter, who would not sit still.
                        Attached Files
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I might have posted this before. I'm not sure. But this is Trixter with Morris and Roxy (Morris's sister who ran away). Trixter hated the kittens when we got them, so it was great when I saw them sleeping together like this.
                          Attached Files
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's really weird, to me, about Trixter.
                            Siamese REALLY have a distinctive voice.
                            We had one named Goofey, way long ago when I was a teenager, that would hang from a curtain rod by his chin, and swing back and forth.

This one of Bogey is minutes ago, on the back of my chair.
                            Not allowed outside, nor is his calico mother, Casey. Outside is life threatening.

Comment

I like the look on his face.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X