Mystified....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystified....

So I'm at work yesterday, and I'm listening to my co-workers, who had been listening to Rush or some other Conservative Talkshow Host on the radio earlier in the day.

They were goinig on about something they had heard...some pork barrel spending project that was being passed thru congress....blaming the damned liberals for all this senseless spending.

I couldn't help but pipe up and interrupt their, and our brief exchange went something like this:

Vel: "'scuse me....but is it not true that the republicans (bastion for conversativeness) currently hold a majority in congress....to say nothing of having the office of the President?"

Co-Workers, suspiciously: "Yeah."

Vel: "Well then....wouldn't it be a fair assessment that NOTHING gets through Congress without Neo-Con blessing? (brief sidestop to explain this term to my co-workers)"

Co-Workers (quickly moving from suspicion to anger): "No....it's not like that. It's quid pro quo....we have to give some concessions to the liberals, so they'll support us on other stuff, but we don't have to like it!"

Vel: "But...if you have a majority in Congress...why make any concessions at all...it doesn't make sense...just USE your majority and stop it."

Co-Workers (looking confused): "But...but...the Liberals...."

And from there it quickly degenerated.

So I'm confused.

The Neo-Cons are triumphant in EVERY WAY.

They control the government, and can pass whatever they like.

And yet...there's still the spectre of "those Liberals" out there in the darkness, proposing wasteful spending or pie in the sky government programs or bigger government....you get the idea.

I'm curious though, where they are, exactly. Cos they're not in power on the Hill. They're a minority that can easily be overrun by the majority in power. Their ideas shut down at will.

So if pork barrel spending is STILL continuing, does it not follow that it does so with Neo-Con approval and blessing.

That it is not, in fact, some dark Liberal plot?

Where are all these Libs? Cos they're sure not in power.

Just curious.

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Rush blames everything on the left.

He even has a term for it, "the Coordinated Left."

When he can't come up with any facts, he just starts going off about lefties.

People in this country can't disagree with the government opinion without being labeled, "leftist wackos."
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

you leftist wacko !!!!
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Vel

You're just realizing that Rush Limbaugh listeners are morons?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Vel:

SHHHH!

We're trying to plot our bloody coup without some knucklehead like you drawing attention to us!
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Does no one understand what a "neocon" really is?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              Does no one understand what a "neocon" really is?
              It's an old-school term for cocaine.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
              X