Katrina info thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
    all these stories need collected, and shoved in the faces of those who say that teh situation is being dealt with properly

JM
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Cross-thread quote:
      NEW ORLEANS -- Police shot eight people carrying guns on a New Orleans bridge Sunday, killing five or six of them, a deputy chief said.

Deputy Police Chief W.J. Riley said the shootings took place on the Danziger Bridge, which connects Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River.

The Army Corps of Engineers is now saying that the men shot were contractors working for them...
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I see yet ANOTHER warning is needed... This is the news thread... it isn't meant for political discussions or your opinions... Please use one of the other threads to further your political agendas.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
          Cross-thread quote:
          NEW ORLEANS -- Police shot eight people carrying guns on a New Orleans bridge Sunday, killing five or six of them, a deputy chief said.

Deputy Police Chief W.J. Riley said the shootings took place on the Danziger Bridge, which connects Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River.

The Army Corps of Engineers is now saying that the men shot were contractors working for them...
          And yet another correction...apparently, gunmen were shooting at the contractors, and the NOPD killed the people attacking the contractors.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Prepare America for what's comming - Leavitt

I posted this link elswhere, but I think this is really the best place for it. Today's CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...-dead0904.html
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Even Fox News is pissed:

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• nm ted already posted it
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Hurricane Maria has formed in the Atlantic but poses no threat of making a landfall.

Comment

• Where's the one whose name starts with L that comes in between?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                      Where's the one whose name starts with L that comes in between?
                      Lee, tropical storm Lee.

Former Tropical Storm Lee expected to weaken in central Atlantic

Posted September 2 2005, 6:13 AM EDT

MIAMI -- The former Tropical Storm Lee dissipated far offshore in the Atlantic on Thursday, forecasters said.

At 11 p.m. EDT, the weakened system was about 730 miles east of Bermuda and about 1,475 miles west of the Azores. Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said it was moving west-northwest near 7 mph.

Maximum sustained winds had dropped to 30 mph from 35 mph earlier Thursday. Lee became a tropical storm Wednesday afternoon when its winds reached 40 mph -just above the 39 mph threshold for a tropical storm - but weakened hours later to a tropical depression with 35 mph winds.

Lee was the 12th named storm of the unusually active Atlantic hurricane season. Only four to five named storms typically develop by late August, according to the hurricane center.

Meanwhile, tropical depression 14 was 1,035 miles east of the northern Leeward Islands and was moving toward the northwest near 12 mph. Its maximum sustained winds were near 35 mph.

Hurricane season began June 1 and runs through Nov. 30.

Comment

• I am not sure if anyone else has posted this already, but the labor department is setting up temp jobs for people who have no job because of the hurricane. They are also going to let self employed and people who just got new jobs to get unemployement insurence. So at least people will have some money in their pockets when they are trying to but their lifes back togather.
                        Donate to the American Red Cross.
                        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          Even Fox News is pissed:

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Han...reak-in-NO.mov
                          Wow.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Halliburton Subsidiary Taps Contract For Repairs
                            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• no ****ing comment
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Heard on bbc radio (can't see it on the site) that there are still 120 britons unaccounted for. Considering they make up a very small percentage of the people affected it makes me fear what the final death toll will be. I guess partly it's lack of communications though.

Comment

Working...
                                X