No announcement yet.

The Economic Consequences of Katrina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenagers will be excited, and it will become ever more interesting for them the more of them disappear tracelessly.

Comment

Hell, I am ****ing excited. but it also makes me sad. The city had so much history... and so many lives are lost now.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah but will you go there with 2 male and 3 female friends for a weekend, like in The Hole, just better?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The Economic Consequences of Katrina

Originally posted by Dauphin
          I don't know if that is true or not but merely how I interpreted what he said.
          You are correct. In addition, it will cause housing prices in the rest of the country to rise, since supply there will fall.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not sure. I'll probably go around and steal the property of innocent folks who never bothered returning. Like old records, and stuff.

Also, paintballing!
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
              Hell, I am ****ing excited. but it also makes me sad. The city had so much history... and so many lives are lost now.
              They are not going to permanently abandon it. However, it will take such a long time to rebuild the Gulf Coast region that many people who lived there will relocate permanently someplace else.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Paintballing, but also a big teenager playground for their chicken games and sexual experiences. Sick? Doubtlessly.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Economic Consequences of Katrina

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  You are correct. In addition, it will cause housing prices in the rest of the country to rise, since supply there will fall.
                  Are you referring to the housing boom as a rise in construction of new homes, or a rise in price? Because I don't think it will destroy the latter.

Comment

They are not going to permanently abandon it. However, it will take such a long time to rebuild the Gulf Coast region that many people who lived there will relocate permanently someplace else.

I've heard that they will. It makes a certain amount of sense, though I am not sure that it's THE BEST course of action.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Think of all the options that course of actions would open up for TEENAGERS!

Comment

Man, your phobia of a little teenage on teenage humping is very disturbing, Ecthy.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Economic Consequences of Katrina

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Are you referring to the housing boom as a rise in construction of new homes, or a rise in price?
                          The former. The latter is the housing bubble, which I think just got a new lease on life.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                            I've heard that they will.
                            Don't believe it. There are a lot of people who will return to New Orleans to rebuild. Communities never want to give up and fade away. Just remember, next year in New Orleans.

Comment

Don't believe it. There are a lot of people who will return to New Orleans to rebuild. Communities never want to give up and fade away. Just remember, next year in New Orleans.

Next year in the Gaza strip.

Seriously, I have no idea as to how and why would they do this - especially all the dike system, etc.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

AS LotM indicated i beleive the impact to coffee supplies is supposedly to be impacted as teh majority of US coffee came through NO.

Speaking of drinks its a bit ironic that NO is laid low by its offical drink, "The Hurricane".
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X