X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postmodernism-on-a-stick

Submitted without comment.
    urgh.NSFW

Spirit: An orphaned branch of scientific investigation; the most central and material part of being.

Integrated Science: To unify Spirit and science into a discipline of theoretical, natural and experimental phenomena investigation, identification and observation.

University of Integrated Science California: A degree granting University where graduates have the opportunity to become strong leaders in areas such as human transformation, vegan and live food nutrition, organ-specific health challenges, pain/stress management, world peace, Essene studies, Tantra and human sexuality, integrated wellness and transformational science. Students are encouraged to integrate and manifest their divinity in all areas of their lives. Our approach honors all religious beliefs, practices, cultures and nations.

very weird...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Postmodernism is such a stupid word.

Comment

Ignorant bull**** sounds insulting.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Whereas only intelligent people realize that being called "postmodernist" is insulting

Comment

This is Post-Hippie, if anything. Bah.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

This stuff seems to be dying out on campus. It never made much headway into philosophy departments (well, good ones anyway), and it was mainly the preserve of Literary Theorists (ugh!),
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Read the testimonials and 'faculty area'.

What a bunch of deluded *****.

Comment

This isn't an accredited university. It's some little cult job.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This seems like standard new-age stuff to me. Don't really see how it relates to "postmodernism", though...
                    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

cinch s
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                        This seems like standard new-age stuff to me. Don't really see how it relates to "postmodernism", though...
                        Ditto. Bash postmodernism on its own terms, but don't confuse it with this. Jean Baudrillard would find this as ridiculous as you do.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It does just sounds like standard pseudoscience babble, although much of pseudoscience has a strong component of postmodernism in it.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

They offer a master's degree in tantric sex. Hot damn, I've been wasting my life.

Soul Mate Tantra Training for Lovers - Master's Program

This program takes a minimum of 3 years to complete and entitles you to a Master's Degree in the Science of Tantra and Human Sexuality.

Overview/Course Goals: To give lovers the tools and experience to be able to live in union on all levels -physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual. The more bliss and harmony can be experienced in relationship, the more planetary harmony will become a reality.

What is the secret of transforming partnership into a divine experience? How can opposites become complimentary? How can we live in a state of love and intimacy in everyday life, both in and out of the bedroom?

Through the exploration of Tantra as a couple, Geho and Sarita, the originators of this training, have made some fascinating discoveries on this timeless subject. They found out that it is possible to raise frequency levels, thereby transcending unconscious patterns of relating. It is also possible to attain union not only on the levels of the sexual center and heart, but on all frequency levels, thereby provoking the phenomenon of the Soul Mate. When a couple is able to open the chakra system to a vertical flow of energy, the miracle of grace descending and permeating everyday life becomes a reality. It is everyone's birthright to know this, and it is only a lack of education on the subject which has prevented people from accessing their natural potential to love and be loved in a balanced and blissful way. Sexual union is a door provided by nature to access an ecstatic state of being. The science of Tantra offers methods to open that door with sensitivity and intelligence, taking you and your lover on an expansive, celebrative, journey of transformation.

This training is offered in 7 levels. It is designed to give you time between courses to experiment with the various Tantric Partner methods offered as homework in each level. These methods are given in a sequential order, offering a refined process of deepening intimacy, heightening sensual pleasure, and expanding consciousness. Everyday, as part of the training structure, each couple will go to the privacy of their bedroom to practice a particular Tantra meditation, which includes love making. The dynamics inside the group room include regular meditation sessions, various types of exercise, massage, dance, sharing, celebration, emotional work, sacred Tantra rituals and energy work. In addition to this there is the possibility to receive counselling with the training facilitators when needed.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I wonder if there will be lots of practice sessions
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X