Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell does Spielberg think he's doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell does Spielberg think he's doing?

According to this article he is going to murder another sci-fi classic. ****ing up War of the Worlds was not enough, now When Worlds Collide is getting the same treatment
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Spielberg´s "movies"
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

His next project will be a remake of "Attack of the killer tomatoes" at this rate.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I wouldn't call this movie "classic"...

honestly, I don't see how you can **** up something that was never really any good in the first place...

but War of the Worlds was bad...

I just hope Tom Cruise isn't in this one.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well the news clipping says that he is producing it, not necessarily directing it.

In the original When Worlds Collide, they launched a rocket full of the best people from earth to colonize the new planet. I guess that ending was pretty exciting back then, since there hadn't been any manned space flights. I wonder how they are going to make the ending interesting this time around?
          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

I'll only see this movie if the soundtrack is Powerman 5000
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Spielberg thinks he's going to make a ****load of money. Next question.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                Spielberg thinks he's going to make a ****load of money. Next question.
                "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

War of the worlds remake wasnt all that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                    War of the worlds remake wasnt all that bad.
                    did you see a different movie than I did?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      did you see a different movie than I did?
                      Some people must have saw a different movie. I saw the bad one.

Comment

I kept rooting for that annoying girl dakota fanning to die but she never did
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Wait just a second here. Spielberg can do as he likes.
                          He's a radical democrat.
                          Wait another second. I thought all the democrats were busy looting diapers in Nawleans?
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ya Dakota Fanning sucked. But thats how a 7 year old would frick frackin react ok?

Blasphemy!

How could you not be impressed by the Tripod awesomeness and the ending which was true to the novel.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

How could you not be impressed by the Tripod awesomeness and the ending which was true to the novel.
                              I dunno... if I spent a million years planning to invade Earth, I would have used something a little more stable and practical than those pieces of crap.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X