Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell does Spielberg think he's doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What?

Pieces of crap. Those things were like a million years more advanced than us.

Heat rays, Flying ability, swimming, Forcefields. We were like honey bee's vs Japanese hornets.

ID4 had some wicked alien stuff too. But thats a movie that sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
      What?

Pieces of crap. Those things were like a million years more advanced than us.
      which is why that national guard dude took it down with the anti-tank rocket?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You must of missed the whole 'Shields going down part due to viral infection' detail.

Its understandable. You were probably one of those kitties who jumped on IMDB and posted 30,000 threads about how Rey's van was the only one unaffected by an EMP. And how that was unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          His next project will be a remake of "Attack of the killer tomatoes" at this rate.

Sorry, I couldn't resist posting some images from the Tomatino festival in Spain. Even more ketchup than in "Jaws"
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

You must of missed the whole 'Shields going down part due to viral infection' detail.
            actually that only adds to my point...

a million years of planning and they didn't bother to plan for that?

pathetic

horrible movie
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, that's a genius piece of technology.

Comment

also, why do the aliens zap the humans?

but then later in the movie they harvest the humans...

why would you zap people if you intend to harvest them?

plus, three legs are not stable at all... if one gets damaged, it's done.

and what did Roger Ebert say? they looked like an ungodly erector set??
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  also, why do the aliens zap the humans?
                  To kill any resistance. Why do we step on spiders trying to avoid us?

but then later in the movie they harvest the humans...
                  You missed the whole terraforming part didnt you. Human blood was needed to stimulate growth of indigenous plantlife. Aliens didnt need 6 billion. They just needed maybe a few million.

why would you zap people if you intend to harvest them?
                  see above

plus, three legs are not stable at all... if one gets damaged, it's done.
                  If you noticed the aliens were also 3 legged. You also (if you buy the DVD) will notice a special part. Aliens had no knowledge of the wheel. It was skipped in there development. Hence the fascination in the basement.

Yes the DVD will include military fight scenes.
                  No I dont have it.....well..legally..

and what did Roger Ebert say? they looked like an ungodly erector set?? :lol
                  Robert Ebert is just another overpaid bloated-doughbag who's opinion in the 21st century means less and less with each day

I like to kill little orange kittens and eat there mothers placenta
                  Whoa buddy. you've got problems

Comment

If you noticed the aliens were also 3 legged.
                    yes because in nature, there are lots of creatures with odd numbered limbs...

Whoa buddy. you've got problems
                    I understand your frustration. If I liked a terrible movie and people were pointing out what was wrong with it, I'd be mad too.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Doesn't sound like Sava's problem is with the movie but with the story itself.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        yes because in nature, there are lots of creatures with odd numbered limbs...
                        What the crunk?

Look nature is to you what its always been to you. Cause well, you live in this stupid bubble called earth God made. Evolve on Mars-13 in Alpha majoris and tell me what its like. The aliens that attacked earth didnt have bacteria on there world. Hence no need for an immune system. No concept of microbes. In terms of distance, We were right next door and were the only others they knew of. And we werent very far from evolving to a point in a thousand years where we could destroy them if we found them.

I hate to sound techical. But gravity on there home planet was much different.

They had no concept of survival. Hell the aliens arent even smart. Tactically or Strategically. If anything they had all this time and still couldnt get something better than a 3 legged death ray. Kind of like the Intergalatic comparison to a FT-17.

The tripods being buried underneath was a bit of deviation from the original. But they planned for it roughly 10,000 years ago. The Extended DVD lays it out much better than the original. Thats why Im defending it I guess.

Comment

Well, bilaterial symmetry is one of those things I'd be inclined to think is common among motile life-forms on other planets.

But then, you get stuff like starfish, that rebuild their bodies from bilateral to pentaradial symmetry during development.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Starfish aren't particularly motile.

Comment

What the crunk?

Look nature is to you what its always been to you. Cause well, you live in this stupid bubble called earth God made. Evolve on Mars-13 in Alpha majoris and tell me what its like. The aliens that attacked earth didnt have bacteria on there world. Hence no need for an immune system. No concept of microbes. In terms of distance, We were right next door and were the only others they knew of. And we werent very far from evolving to a point in a thousand years where we could destroy them if we found them.

I hate to sound techical. But gravity on there home planet was much different.

They had no concept of survival. Hell the aliens arent even smart. Tactically or Strategically. If anything they had all this time and still couldnt get something better than a 3 legged death ray. Kind of like the Intergalatic comparison to a FT-17.

The tripods being buried underneath was a bit of deviation from the original. But they planned for it roughly 10,000 years ago. The Extended DVD lays it out much better than the original. Thats why Im defending it I guess.
                              well... it sounds like the extended version explains things more...

but most of it still sounds stupid

How did they evolve if there weren't bacteria or other smaller forms of life?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why don't you ask H.G. Wells?
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X