No announcement yet.

Aid Collections For New Orleans and Rest Of Southeastern USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest aid that everybody gave was the release of the refined products from their national reserves. Thanks all.

For some reason, we didn't have a reserve of refined products ourselves. Through foresight from other countries, there won't be a disruption in fuel supply.

he says that the donations of private americans are not enough. that he is not happy with them (don't recall his exact words but i was shouting at my radio)
    I never heard that. Perhaps you misunderstood? FYI, the president gently suggesting that people give money is OK in the US.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      Thanks all.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
        I'm sure glad Britain led the way once again. Nope, no other country jumped up and offered any help before today.
        Yeah, the tony blair leads blabla seems fabricated... But probably cnn thinks that americans want to hear that their closest ally is organizing it all.

Comment

Working...
        X