Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea about "click it or ticket" (mandatory seat belt laws)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming

Claimed and proven are two different things...
    Can you find any "PROOF"... woops!

yeah I don't see an MD after your name OKAYOKAYOKAY

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I never claimed I was... but I have never seen a single research study that "proves" somebody died from second hand smoke. There are just too many factors and other forms of polution. Just because a non smoker dies of lung cancer doesn't mean it was due to second hand smoke
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I never claimed I was... but I have never seen a single research study that "proves" somebody died from second hand smoke. There are just too many factors and other forms of polution. Just because a non smoker dies of lung cancer doesn't mean it was due to second hand smoke
        I know, just a Sava troll... I tend to agree more with you, although I have to believe that some people are affected by secondhand smoke... just not to the extent that some people say.

Especially not the dumb lady that wrote the letter in the Naperville newspaper WHO I TOTALLY PWNED!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
          I know, just a Sava troll... I tend to agree more with you, although I have to believe that some people are affected by secondhand smoke... just not to the extent that some people say.

Especially not the dumb lady that wrote the letter in the Naperville newspaper WHO I TOTALLY PWNED!
          She needed to be PWNED

And yeah, I'm sure some people have been affected by secondhand smoke... but that's a long way from getting lung cancer. Some people are "affected" by strong perfume in elevators... and I don't see anybody asking to ban it's use
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• BY your line of reasoning Ming no one can prove ANYTHING gives you cancer, since heck, every cancer can just be a random event from random mutations caused by nothing other than chance. In fact, by the rather limited and self-serving line of arguementation you are trying to pass on asbestos should not have been banned, since, while you can prove it increases the chances of cancer, you can't actually PROVE asbestos killed a single human being. I mean, its not like you cna trace how the single molecules of the stuff specifically cause cancer to start in this one place, therefore specifically leading to death.

Sorry if I say this ia a rather absurd mode of thinking.

Oh, and by the way, remember, the dangers of second hand smoke have little to do with my wholehearted approval of laws limiting smoking and driving it underground.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Seat belts are compulsory in my country and if they catch you not wearing them you get a fine

Recently a man was sentenced guilty for negligence because he didn´t put safety seatbelts on her little daughter, which was killed during a car accident
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                No... it's the truth.

Oh, and by the way, remember, the dangers of second hand smoke have little to do with my wholehearted approval of laws limiting smoking and driving it underground.
                Yep... you want to limit it because you are bigoted against smokers. You don't want to limit other vices, just smoking. So your arguments rest soley on your personal opinion, and have absolutely nothing do with fairness or logic... Yeah... you have made that perfectly clear... you aren't fair or logical, just your own hatred
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Yay!

The Naperville Sun printed my letter.

They also printed a letter from someone else arguing points about market issues.

There was a great letter on Thursday:

Let's make Naperville
                  a 'perfect' world

I just wanted to stand up and cheer when I saw Paula Cree's recent letter suggesting we ban smoking in all of Naperville. What an enlightened woman; it is long past time that we ban the use of this legal, highly taxed product. As a nonsmoker, what a blessing this would be to me.

And, while we are at it, let's add a few more things to that ordinance to make our fine city a perfect world.

Let's start by banning all vehicles not worth $50,000. This would solve our parking problem, as I often see a Chevrolet or a Hyundai parked next to my new Mercedes. Older, cheaper cars are offensive to me, taking up spots I deserve since I pay more in taxes. They are often ugly and are driven by undesirables. I fear they may give me door dings.

Speaking of ugly, let's prohibit unattractive people. Since my family members are often mistaken for models, we find it in very poor taste when we mix with pimply, overweight or hairy people. Ugly people make it difficult for Naperville to make the list of "sexiest places" in the U.S. Wouldn't a perfect world be very sexy? Ban those ugly people and we are on our way.

There is nothing more ugly than a dirty toddler or infant and the often unkempt and frazzled mother accompanying them. We MUST prohibit children in diapers from Naperville. Never again would we worry about public nursing; restaurant meals would always be an uninterrupted joy; and we would be spared the foul odors of soiled diapers and the unpleasant sight of an unwiped nose.

Just imagine: a smoke-free city filled with expensive cars and beautiful people without a nursing mother or smelly, crusty child in sight. Who could be opposed to that?

T. Mark Fay Naperville
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yep...that rocked!

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

She needed to be PWNED

And yeah, I'm sure some people have been affected by secondhand smoke... but that's a long way from getting lung cancer. Some people are "affected" by strong perfume in elevators... and I don't see anybody asking to ban it's use
                      err . . . I know several workplaces that have policies that they are scent free. I have never seen anything with respect to public places or establishments like restaurants though
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Ming and Rah

I was going to comment on the no causation posts but Gepap said what I wanted to say

Originally posted by GePap
                        BY your line of reasoning Ming no one can prove ANYTHING gives you cancer, since heck, every cancer can just be a random event from random mutations caused by nothing other than chance. In fact, by the rather limited and self-serving line of arguementation you are trying to pass on asbestos should not have been banned, since, while you can prove it increases the chances of cancer, you can't actually PROVE asbestos killed a single human being. I mean, its not like you cna trace how the single molecules of the stuff specifically cause cancer to start in this one place, therefore specifically leading to death.

Oh and recall that I'm with you on the main point in that I don't think government should ban smoking in private places like restaurants. I do like rules that ban children from smoking establishments however. If that has the effect of making many of them non-smoking so be it

Oh and I still see it as a filthy habit with nothing to redeem it. So enjoy!!
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                        X