X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I slap you!
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

with a trout?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes. Repeatedly.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's your case like?

Comment

here:

link: http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase...mi/bwa/bwa.htm
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not bad

If I were to have a side window it would have be full of LED's... I love blinking lights. Trouble is that it wouldn't be tastefully understated which is important for modding to work so I just wouldn't bother.

Comment

I recentely upgraded - my computer started smoking then wouldn't boot . Anyway i have that exact CPU now, the mobo I ended up with being an asus A8V, the onboard sound is a little borked. I can't quite remember why I didn't go with a nforce chipset, maybe temporary insanity or the A8V was the best performance/price tradeoff with AGP rather than PCIe (since I'm using a AGP videocard and doesn't look like PCIe will be good for anything for 2+ years...)

Anyway the AMD64 is good . Doesn't do anything special ofcourse but it's nice and fast in 32bit emulation and I can say I'm using a 64bit OS w/ Linux. Might have to look into getting a 6600GT looks very solid for the price and my video card is due for an upgrade.

Comment

Whaleboy - I have some reservations about the mobo you chose. I have the exact same one from MSI, but I am having some strange subtle problems that I am unable to pinpoint so far.

First, the box freezes suddenly, unexpectedly, and solidly. I ran memtest86 and other sorts of fun stuff but everything seems to be fine.

Second, I can't copy large amounts of stuff from one HDD to another (on the same controller) without the computer hanging in the middle somewhere.

Third, my Liteon DVD combo drives would deteriorate slowly, however when I brought them back for repairs they worked splendidly on the tester's machine.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Scary stuff UR, do you think it could be a cooling issue?

Well you've put the final nail in the MSI coffin for me, I think I'll go for the Abit AN8 Ultra I linked to earlier. It's only £6 more expensive and seems to be more than worth it.

Comment

I've got an Asus A8V Deluxe with an Athlon 64 3500+

UR is right...

I would recommend researching your mobo very carefully. Go to a lot of review sites.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My A8V is weird, the onboard sound generally works fine in games and stuff, but the microphone and line in don't work - if I plug in the microphone it just records line out and line in does much the same. The asus sound manager thing gives mostly incoherent yet sometimes correct reading. I'll probably just get a dedicated sound card at some point. Other than the onboard sound the mobo seems to be rock solid.

Comment

meh

I've got a SB Audigy 2 Platinum ZS

onboard audio sucks

no matter what the mobo
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Building a new computer

Originally posted by Whaleboy

I have an idea to save you £59.15 straight away
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X