No announcement yet.

Firefly: what an awful show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly rulez! Sava droolz! Scifi-Western!

Course I didn't get to see or record it last night. At least I might get BSG if the cable comes back on anytime soon.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Lemme change this into a general complaint about Fox's treatment of shows. Firefly, whether you like it or not, was a pretty interesting concept. It get 11 episodes, which is far more than Fox seemingly gives other intriguing shows.

I've been watching "Wonderfalls" again on LOGO. What a wonderful show! But it was canned after 4 epsiodes! WTF?

And don't get me started on "Andy Richter Controls the Universe"!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran is correct. He forgot to mention Arrested Development.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Doofus! Arrested Development is still on the air!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yes, but they didn't renew the show for next season.

Comment

Yes they did.

Comment

FOX DOES MORE TIME WITH "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT," ORDERING A FULL THIRD SEASON
                Released by FOX

FOX DOES MORE TIME WITH "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT," ORDERING A FULL THIRD SEASON

FOX gets ARRESTED again. The network has ordered a third full season of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, it was announced today by Peter Liguori, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

Comment

Sava lost all high ground when the mentioned the Stargate shows as being among the best. Ugh. What drivel.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

And on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrested_Development_(TV_series)

Season 3 (2005-2006)

No episodes have aired yet. The season premiere is set to air on Monday September 19, 2005 on Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Yes they did.
                      Guess they changed their mind.

Comment

x-post

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          Guess they changed their mind.
                          They weren't thinking of not renewing the show for a 3rd season. People just got all paniced when Fox only ordered 18 episodes for Season 2 (because it was bad ratings for sweeps). During the whole time Fox said don't worry about it, but people got all up in arms.

I don't think Fox changed their minds at all. They know the value of having an Emmy winning show on their lineup. It's better advertising for them as a company.

Though they have moved it to Mondays, IIRC.

Comment

Sava's criticisms are perfectly reasonable but somehow I just loved Firefly.

Sometimes sci fi or fantasy worlds can be built around concepts that make no sense whatsoever but somehow it still works out to something that really entertains me. I'd say star wars likewise made almost no sense on multiple levels but somehow those movies rank among my favorite sci fi movies.

Oddly I find other some other movies with horrible 'science' like Armageddon totally unbearable as a result of these sorts of bad applications of science (or the complete disregard of the same.)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                              Sava lost all high ground when the mentioned the Stargate shows as being among the best. Ugh. What drivel.

I've been watching the ends of stargate episodes on Friday just before the start of BG. It has indeed looked like a crappy show but the end of this weeks episode seemed interesting. maybe I'll intentionally watch the whole thing next week to see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

yes... the show where they can jump into hyperspace or whatever, but yet, still have to have a spinning space station for gravity.

Why not use a spinning space station? Anyway in B5 the earthlings didn't invent the space jumping tech, they gained access to the hyperspace or whatever through gate systems pioneered by older space faring civs who didn't need to spin their structurtes in space to have artifical gravity but also didn't see fit to transmit the particulars of that tech to upstarts like the humans (well not until near the end of the series anyway).

Comment

Working...
                                X