Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifespan of Texan mice extended artificially...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average lifespan for males in the US is 76 an rising. At the current rate, I would expect that by 2050, average lifespan for males would be at least 85. Thus, Even if Gepap were 40 now, he would have at least a 50% chance of seeing 2050.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
      Average lifespan for males in the US is 76 an rising. At the current rate, I would expect that by 2050, average lifespan for males would be at least 85. Thus, Even if Gepap were 40 now, he would have at least a 50% chance of seeing 2050.
      Entirely new mechanisms of lifespan increases will be required to attain further increases so the current rate should not be projected to the future at all. Additional changes to current lifespan will have nothing to do with the current rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

I fully hope to die by the age of 59.
        if it would be a good thing t hen why not now? Why don't you try enjoying life, it's more fun than wishing a quick end to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

if it would be a good thing t hen why not now? Why don't you try enjoying life, it's more fun than wishing a quick end to it.
          I don't want a quick end. I've a good forty years to go before I join the likes of Ming in wearing adult diapers and being unable to chew Cheerios What kind of life can you have at 70? 80? 90? Not for me, just not for me.

Comment

My father was regularly breaking 80 on the golf course when he was in his early 70's. Doesn't sound bad too me. And it beats the alternative.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

lalala
              Last edited by OzzyKP; August 29, 2005, 14:47.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                My father was regularly breaking 80 on the golf course when he was in his early 70's. Doesn't sound bad too me. And it beats the alternative.
                I'd rather take death if all I have to look forward to is golfing

Comment

What about shuffle board?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm looking forward to a good 50 more years of pointless posts on Apolyton Off Topic.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Really?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Sure, why not? It's a gas. I'll be shutting this place down.

Besides, I need to get my money's worth for my lifetime Poly Plus membership.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

I'd rather take death if all I have to look forward to is golfing
                          The whole point of this kind of research is stop wasting time extending the time we spend wrinkly, weak and infirm and extend the period in which we look and feel young. Are you still opposed to such research given such a goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

The whole point of this kind of research is stop wasting time extending the time we spend wrinkly, weak and infirm and extend the period in which we look and feel young. Are you still opposed to such research given such a goal?
                            Yes, because it means Ming's reign of terror will end that much later

Comment

Working...
                            X