Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrids rule!

Yay!

My family is now a 2 hybrid vehicle family. Today I went with my dad and my parents got a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. w00t! This thing is awesome. And now I can feel morally superior to other SUV drivers!!!

It's got:

leather
    6-disc changer
    jbl sound system
    electronic climate control
    sunroof
    navigation system (with this annoying woman who's like 'turn left one quarter mile' omfg stfu)

it's around the same performance as our 2005 highlander limited was (we traded it in)... 215 HP i think... down from 230HP, but oh well...

but it gets an estimated 35 mpg (less for highway though)

Also, we get a $2,000 tax credit for buying a hybrid.

My mom will probably be driving this car to work. She was driving the old Highlander until gas prices got so high, then she took my sister's Prius (other hybrid). The Prius is awesome too. We've been getting around 50 mpg on that.

So the Sava family of cars is now:

2006 Highlander Hybrid Limited (parent's car)
    2004 Toyota Prius (my sister's car)
    1999 Toyota Camry (my car)
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Driving SUVs is stupid. Even if they're hybrid.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Will you now use your ultra-silent electric engine to sneak up on cyclists and run them over?

Comment

Hybrids rock!

Running over cyclists
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Az
          Still its a step in the right direction
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The Volkswagen Lupo Diesel can reach ~75 mpg without hybrid technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
              well try living in suburban America and see how it is...

I understand why you feel the way you do though. An SUV would be useless in a country as small as Israel.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                Will you now use your ultra-silent electric engine to sneak up on cyclists and run them over?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's the added value of an SUV over a stationwagon?

I think the presence of SUVs has boosted road rage. This is why I tend to call them "FUVs".

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                    What's the added value of an SUV over a stationwagon?
                    for us, it's primarily for my dad who is disabled because of a stroke... it's much easier for him to get into an SUV than a car.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I understand why you feel the way you do though. An SUV would be useless in a country as small as Israel.

Eh?

How is an SUV a plus in uggo suburbia? Can it go for longer, whilst the other cars grow tired? You can manage just as well with a Hybrid car that is cheaper, far more economica, and does the job.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

Eh?

How is an SUV a plus in uggo suburbia? Can it go for longer, whilst the other cars grow tired? You can manage just as well with a Hybrid car that is cheaper, far more economica, and does the job.
                        1. holds more cargo (groceries, home improvement stuff, etc)

2. seats people more comfortably

3. easier for my father
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

1. holds more cargo (groceries, home improvement stuff, etc)

I don't see how this changes, if you live in a dense res neighborhood like me -this, of course, doesn't mean I think that SUVs are legitimate.

2. seats people more comfortably

So does a learjet . same point as above, btw.

3. easier for my father

I don't know how come it is easier for your dad, but that's legit. Sort of.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Minivan, so you can be a total poser.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Az: THE POINT BEING you ****** IS THAT I CAN HAVE ALL THE EXTRA POSITIVES OF AN SUV WITHOUT THE NEGATIVE OF BAD GAS MILEAGE!!!

I can't believe people are dissin' me for getting a hybrid...

what kinda gas mileage does your car get Az? do you even drive?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X