No announcement yet.

Hybrids rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noone is dissing you for getting a hybrid, I am dissing you of getting an SUV. As a wise man told me once, "learn to read".

And I am driving, with the same mileage that you do - but if I could afford a hybrid ( or any new car, for that matter), it wouldn't be an SUV.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

My question is why you care if all life is futile yadda yadda yadda like you were saying in the other thread

Oh and hybrids-- Excellent

WE are a Honda Civic plus a minivan family at he moment
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

SUVs are great for the driver, and bad for everyone else. They are the best illustration of Kant's catagorical imperative.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Az
          Noone is dissing you for getting a hybrid, I am dissing you of getting an SUV. As a wise man told me once, "learn to read".

And I am driving, with the same mileage that you do - but if I could afford a hybrid ( or any new car, for that matter), it wouldn't be an SUV.

yes

SUV's = BAD

why?

GAS GUZZLERS

hence

SUV hybrid, good gas mileage = GOOD

WHAT ABOUT THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND????!?!?!?!??!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

and the toyota highlander is shorter than a minivan...

WE"RE NOT TALKING ABOUT A HUMMER HERE FOLKS
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

HYBRID SUV GAS MILEAGE = OK
              HYBRID CAR GAS MILEAGE = EXCELLENT

OK << EXCELLENT

HYBRID SUV <<< HYBRID CAR

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Hybrids rule!

Originally posted by Sava
                Yay!

My family is now a 2 hybrid vehicle family. Today I went with my dad and my parents got a 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. w00t! This thing is awesome. And now I can feel morally superior to other SUV drivers!!!

Pff. THIS is a real SUV.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

a stryker?

Israeli defence contractors will make a fortune in protective armor packages.

Thanks
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

When they start offering pintle mounts on Hummers, I may consider getting one.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                      When they start offering pintle mounts on Hummers, I may consider getting one.
                      don't you mean penile implants to satisfy your SMALL PENIS COMPLEX!!!?!!?!?!?!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                        a stryker?

Israeli defence contractors will make a fortune in protective armor packages.

Thanks
                        I'm not expecting RPG attacks in suburbia.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Except that hybrid SUVs at best get you the same mileage as a regular car. Wow, you just broke even.
                          28/30 city/highway is what I'm seeing for the hybrid Highlander.
                          40+ city and highway is what the diesel VWs get.
                          60/51 for the Prius.
                          61/66 for the Insight.

I had a Jetta diesel and just got a Prius. Being able to go 400+ miles before filling up is very nice.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Re: Re: Hybrids rule!

Originally posted by Lonestar
                            Pff. THIS is a real SUV.
                            It's not very practical if I have to pack my groceries on the outside of the vehicle. Plus, it's not very sporty.

Does it have eight-wheel-drive though?

Comment

I make no apologies for my minivan. It gets pretty good mileage . Plus I live in sprawling Canada where a typical drive to the next province is the same distance as crossing 3 countries in much of Europe. Add in that when family visits I have to carry 6 people OFTEN and I make no apology for the van.

The other car is a commuter car and a '98 Civic does just fine for days when I can't bicycle or take transit

My criticism of most SUVS is that they are no more functional than most minivans, are more expensive, usually burn more gas and are purchases simply because it is considered cooler to have a SUV instead of a minivan
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm not expecting RPG attacks in suburbia.

2nd Ammendment
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X