No announcement yet.

HP thread horcrux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe the other thread went to 680 replies.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

well, we had some people, such as myself, who hadn't read the series beofre, but then started reading..

and was very favorably impressed

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I resisted for years, because they were so popular I figured they had to be tripe. Then I saw the movie Chamber of Secrets and was curious. I first read the books two years ago. Then I read them to my wife. Now I'm rereading them all after JKR said that careful rereaders would be able to figure out one of the horcruxes.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's the story all adult-HP-fans' lives.

I heard about them by word of mouth in 1998. I was skeptical, but after reading the description of Albus Dumbledore, halfway through the first chapter (The Boy Who Lived) , I was hooked.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I actually read the first book last year..

and wasn't hooked (I thought it was ok)

after the renewed hubub of the newest book, I decided to try again

this time thety stuck

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              HP was screwed over by Carly.

IBM > HP
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Would you hit it?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  After the AK spell backfired, Voldimort was bodiless. The only power he had was minor posession, which seems to preclude casting a major spell like the horcux.

I wonder how he recovered his wand. Maybe Pettigrew kept it?
                  I believe the theory is that in that split second when Voldy realized he was going to be kaput (you know the big open eyed, OH **** look?), he did an non-verbal horcrux spell, based on the splitting of his soul from killing Lily.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, also, Percy is very interesting. I agree with Kuci that the Sorting Hat can only see potential, not actual future. It is nice to see that Gryffindors can be bad... but maybe he shows his bravery in the last book and does something heroic ::shrug::
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Wormtail too.

Comment

How fun, I thought HP was about printers
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Wormtail too.
                          Ah, that's right. I keep forgetting him being a Gryffindor. I keep thinking he was Hufflepuff for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            If you ain't read the books, you won't understand.
                            I read the first three. My daughter wouldn't let me read the rest. Now tell me what a horscrux is or I'll tell J. Edgar Hoover the location of your secret headquarters of your commie cell.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

A piece of your soul, torn off by committing a murder, encased in an object.

Comment

Hewlett Packard what?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X