Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP thread horcrux

Some thoughts on HP.

Well, you slugs have discovered that the Sorting Hat is a Gryfindor articfact.

Why wasn't Percy a Slytheryn? He's never shown an ounce of bravery and he's always been overly ambitious?

Why couldn't Harry see the thestrals at the end of GoF?

HP can't be a horcrux unless there's more than one way to make one. Priori incatatum! When Voldimort's wand began regurgitating it's spells at the climax of GoF, the horcrux spell wasn't one of them.

At the begining of OotP, they mention finding a heavy locket while cleaning 12 Grimauld Place. Could it be the missing Slytheryn locket Regulus took (assuming Regulus took it)?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Why wasn't Percy a Slytheryn? He's never shown an ounce of bravery and he's always been overly ambitious?

The explanations I've seen posit that the Sorting Hat sees potential that may or may not be realized.

Why couldn't Harry see the thestrals at the end of GoF?

JKR says because the death has to "sink in".

HP can't be a horcrux unless there's more than one way to make one. Priori incatatum! When Voldimort's wand began regurgitating it's spells at the climax of GoF, the horcrux spell wasn't one of them.

Given that the Prior Incantatum scene was broken anyway (James came out before Lily), I wouldn't use this as evidence.

At the begining of OotP, they mention finding a heavy locket while cleaning 12 Grimauld Place. Could it be the missing Slytheryn locket Regulus took (assuming Regulus took it)?

Yes, that's the idea. It is also probably the locket that Mundungus took.

Comment

HP was screwed over by Carly.

IBM > HP
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

: tongue :

Comment

What's a horcrux?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

If you ain't read the books, you won't understand.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Given that the Prior Incantatum scene was broken anyway (James came out before Lily), I wouldn't use this as evidence.
              Not in my book. Lily tells Harry to wait for his father. James is the last to come out.

Comment

wtf

Harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his father.

"Your mother's coming ..." he said quietly. "She wants to see you ... it will be all right ... hold on..."

Straight from my copy open on the desk.

Comment

Also, it's possible to do magic - unfocused and uncontrolled magic - without a wand. Since Voldemort likely didn't say the incantation to create a horcrux, if he made Harry a horcrux it would be with wandless magic.

Comment

Interesting mine says [reading straight from the book in my lap]:

The smokey shadow of a woman with long hair fell to the ground as Bertha had done, straightened up, and looked at him . . . Harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his mother.

"Your father's coming . . ." she said quietly. "Hold on for your father . . . it will be all right . . . hold on. . . ."

Mine's a paperback copy.

Comment

Is yours the hardcover version?

Comment

I doubt you could do a horcrux as unfocused, uncontroled magic.

Comment

I don't. I bet anything could happen, depending on the mental and emotional state of the wizard.

Comment

After the AK spell backfired, Voldimort was bodiless. The only power he had was minor posession, which seems to preclude casting a major spell like the horcux.

I wonder how he recovered his wand. Maybe Pettigrew kept it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              wtf

Harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his father.

"Your mother's coming ..." he said quietly. "She wants to see you ... it will be all right ... hold on..."

Straight from my copy open on the desk.
                              Yes, originally in GoF, the order was wrong. Because they come out backwards, as if in reverse, it should be his mother who comes out first, then his father.

Che has the paperback version, which came out after the mistake was noticed. So they corrected it there.

I have two copies of GoF, one with the mistake, one without.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X