No announcement yet.

New dark age for Iraqi women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No society has gone straight from local tribal society to democracy without a long period of dictatorship in between. It's just like babies don't automatically turn into fully functioning citizens.

Only way to fix Iraq and Afghanistan now is a generation of colonial government, or the installation of a new dictator.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

They need to make their own hell and live in it until enough people get so fed up with it that they're willing to risk their lives to end it. There is no point to our lecturing them about human rights because as far as they're concerned we might as well be a differnet species.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        They need to make their own hell and live in it until enough people get so fed up with it that they're willing to risk their lives to end it. There is no point to our lecturing them about human rights because as far as they're concerned we might as well be a differnet species.

that is so sad.. but there is some truth there.
        "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

From the thread title, I thought this was going to about John G. Roberts becoming ruler of Iraq.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
          X