No announcement yet.

What Kind of Music Do You Listen To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure didn't mean for this to become a threadjack. sorry. I say that alot . But I have gotten warnings from modertors about jacking threads. It's out of my hands now.

Comment

What a load of sanctimonious old bollocks
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Various types of rock mostly.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Aye, good joke Dis.

Boohoo, some jokes are meant to offend.

On topic:
          Metal, alternative, rock, pop, electronica, trying to get into classical but its hard.

Comment

Still haven't gotten into the whole music download thing, so I have to imagine my cd collection to do this (I'm at work). I think it breaks down as follows:

35% - pop/rock/alternative
            30% - jazz
            10% - blues
            10% - classical and modern orchestral
            5% - movie soundtracks
            5% - musical cast albums
            5% - yuppie country (Lyle Lovett, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Lucinda Williams, k.d. lang -- but also Johhny Cash)

Feel free to make me a chart...
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Hooray for properly tagged music.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay

Hooray for properly tagged music.
                mine is properly tagged (after painstakenly fixing all of them- I still have a couple typos here and there, but for the most part the important parts of the tags are there). But how did you get that neat little chart? What program?

Comment

http://collectorz.com/mp3/ - I have the trial version and it can generate lots of neat graphs based on pretty much any tag.

Comment

Metal, mostly. Some classic rock and progrock (the only true "prog", c0ckney )
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

If you know of anyone with a stranger music collection, please let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

You win.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yesterday I listened to:

'A Brief History of Ambient Vol.3' featuring these geezers:

1. Sygyt khoomei kargyraa - Shu-De
                          2. When the waters came to life - Schmidt, Irmin
                          3. Gringatcho demento - Orbit, William
                          4. Red earth (As summertime ends) - Rain Tree Crow
                          5. Last emperor (Theme variation 1) - Sakamoto, Ryuichi
                          6. 1988 - Fripp, Robert
                          7. Epiphany - Sylvian, David
                          8. Study of six guitars - Amorphous Androgynous
                          9. Amy yo I - Trisan
                          10. Kingdom come - Laswell, Bill
                          11. You will be all right - Ono, Seigen
                          12. Meditation (2) - Laraaji
                          13. Pendulum man - Bark Psychosis
                          14. Distant village - Brook, Michael
                          15. Mystery RPS (No 8) - Jah Wobble
                          16. Throw away your gun (Dub) - Prince Far-I
                          17. Wind and lonely fences - Fripp, Robert & Brian Eno
                          18. Nuages (That which passes passes like clouds) - King Crimson
                          19. Mustt mustt - Khan, Nusrat Fateh Ali
                          20. Concert for gender - Shakuhachi & Zither
                          21. Healthy colours (III) - Fripp, Robert & Brian Eno
                          22. Cascade parts 2 and 3 - Future Sound Of London
                          23. Summer storm - Quine, Robert & Fred Maher
                          24. Rising thermal - Hassell, Jon & Brian Eno
                          25. Mutability (A new begining is in the offing) - Sylvian, David

Then Terry Callier's 'First Light' and after that X Ray Spex's 'Germ Free Adolescents' and Television's 'Marquee Moon' and Suicide's reissued first album because I was feeling nostalgic.

Lovely Poly Styrene- now a Hare Krishna (!)
                          Attached Files
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                            The types I can't stand are those of the boris variety instructing someone not to get offended because he shouldn't be offended. That's just sleazy. bliach.
                            Well, that just goes to show you're clueless as to what the point was. I didn't say he shouldn't be offended, I expressed that I was tired of him being a sanctimonious school marm who goes to great lengths to "shame" those who have offended him. It's comments like "you failed to earn my respect" and "you should be ashamed of yourself" that make my eyes roll into the back of my head. He's not our dad.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                            X