Denmark 4-1 England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daz
    Not quite. The danes made 3 subs at halftime too. They too were playing a FIRENDLY match.

If england lost 2-1... no biggie. But 4-1
    Not quite. Did you watch the match?

England played it as a fitness exercise in the 1st half and didnt turn up in the 2nd. The Danes (to their credit) were trying to put one over "arrogant" England, as we should have been doing to them.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
      You're on! You get homefield advantage, and we can even bring the refs, you don't have to worry about that.

What would be interesting is if we were to play, say, 2 football games and 2 hockey games, then let the total combined score decide who gets the island.
      Nah-- you really think you could avoid a 6 or 7 goal drubbing in 2 successive hockey matches??
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Nah-- you really think you could avoid a 6 or 7 goal drubbing in 2 successive hockey matches??
        I didn't bother to dig deeper, but in 2003 World Hockey Championship, you had some problems

Qualifying Round:
        May 2
        Slovakia - Finland 5-1 (1-1, 0-0, 4-0)
        Canada - Denmark 2-2 (1-2, 1-0, 0-0)
        Czech Republic - Ukraine 5-2 (0-0, 4-1, 1-1)
        Russia - Sweden 2-4 (1-1, 0-1, 1-2)
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

I didn't bother to dig deeper, but in 2003 World Hockey Championship, you had some problems

All true. I think there was another 2-2 tie in there in 2004 with AUSTRIA as well, both in games that meant literally nothing to Canada IIRC. lets look at 2005.

Canada was a silver medalist. Denmark finished 10th and in the process lost to a Slovenia team that Canada drubbed 8-0. On the upside, they did manage narrow losses to the Finns and Swedes.

How about 2004. Canada won gold. denmark had two 4 goal losses and a 1 goal win over Japan. That was enough to play with the big boys in games that mattered more where they proceded to lose by 5, 6 and 8 goals.

I'm not saying that Denmark can't keep a game close but I seriously doubt they could do it twice against a top-level canadian side. on the flip side, I don't trust the Canadain soccer team for much . . . They are usually ok at keeping the goals against reasonable . . if only they could score
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I quite agree that danish icehockey isn't battling for the top, but they have managed to stay in group A and that is quite good considering how few active players we have - a little above 4.000 spread out on 16 teams including junior, senior, male and female - I guess that that is close to the average for your teams

We are a little better at soccer
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

*Bump*

How's the general mood in England, now that it's had a little time to sink in?

Comment

Man, talk about little dick syndrome!

I can't believe you are still crowing about this, you must feel terribly inferior towards England if you feel like you have to keep bleating on about about a pointless friendly - just ask Graeme Souness what he thinks about these games...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

No, no. This is the sore winner syndrome you're witnessing.

Comment

Because you're so used to losing all the time that you have to beat your chest whenever you win something - no matter how inconsequential...?

Comment

Denmark has an excellent record of beating our sore chests after football matches.

Comment

I think the last time Danish chests actually got sore was way back in 1992...

Comment

I think we were all too drunk then to attain the control of proper chest beating.

Comment

Working...
                          X