Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denmark 4-1 England

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-hah!

Football. Real version. Friendly. In Copenhagen. Last night.

Didn't see it, I'm actually not much into football anymore, but this is just too sweet not to gloat about. Here are the line-ups, just in case some of the Brits will start "explaining" it was just a friendly, wasn't important, England didn't field their best players, etc., etc.:

England:
    Paul Robinson (46. David James) - Gary Neville (46. Glen Johnson), Rio Ferdinand, John Terry (46. Jamie Carragher), Ashley Cole - David Beckham, Steven Gerrard (84. Jermaine Jenas), Frank Lampard (64. Owen Hargreaves), Joe Cole - Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe (46. Michael Owen)

Denmark:
    Thomas Sørensen - Brian Priske, Per Nielsen (46. Michael Gravgaard), Daniel Agger, Niclas Jensen - Christian Poulsen (86. Daniel Jensen), Claus Jensen (73. Kenneth Perez), Thomas Gravesen - Jesper Grønkjær (46. Dennis Rommedahl), Jon Dahl Tomasson (64. Søren Larsen), Martin Jørgensen (46. Thomas Kahlenberg)

England coach Ericsson: "I'm very sorry for the fans, and I'm disappointed. It was a disaster."

Really??

What do you make of the English thinking losing to Denmark is a disaster?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ah, clever...

Actually I think it was more their reaction to having suffered their biggest defeat in any game of the past 25 years. That, and the dreadful feeling you can sometimes get when the opposing side scores 3 goals in 7 minutes.

Comment

Have to give props where they are due. I only wish Canada could dream of beating England 4-1.

I'm not sure we've scored that many goals in our last 5 WC qualifiers on the way to being eliminated prior to the final stages of pre-qualifying...

I'm sure that if we ever did beat England 4-1, the English would wake up the next morning and move on, safe in the knowledge that we'd still be Canadians.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah well, this is actually extra sweet for the Danish team, since it is a much needed booster before a couple of upcoming qualifying games that will require really good performance and a little luck also, if we're to keep alive our slim hopes of qualifying for Germany 2006.

Comment

Cool.

Play you a football game for Hans Island.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

You're on! You get homefield advantage, and we can even bring the refs, you don't have to worry about that.

What would be interesting is if we were to play, say, 2 football games and 2 hockey games, then let the total combined score decide who gets the island.

Comment

Do you have refs who are familiar with CFL rules?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Do you have refs who are familiar with CFL rules?
                  Not sure, but it's of minor importance. They are teh REFS!

Comment

How many 250 lb linebackers do you have? Is your quarterback position well covered?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

The Edmonton Eskimos want their island!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

I'm starting to think there are too many Canadians compared to Englishmen posting in this thread.

And you can't call them Eskimos. They'll stuff raw seal liver down your throat if they heard you. Actually they will do that in any case. They're friendly people.

Comment

We can't call them Eskimos? Someone should have told us that 50 years ago.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            I'm starting to think there are too many Canadians compared to Englishmen posting in this thread.
                            I generally cheer for England come WC time, if that helps.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Re: Denmark 4-1 England

Originally posted by Winston
                              Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-hah!

Football. Real version. Friendly. In Copenhagen. Last night.
                              End of story really.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                              X