No announcement yet.

Australian Skilled Immigration Drive: Come to sunny Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better idea would be to become a migration consultant and bill some of these people
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

How long is this drive gonna last?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Are you driving on the right side or the wrong side of the road?
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I can say that nursing is apparently a not-good profession in Victoria, where there is a nursing shortage which isn't likely to be filled. There have been numerous disputes about wages and hours, which nurses claim to be completely unacceptable (hours mainly due to the lack of nurses). I have no idea about any of the other states of Australia however.
          As for lawyering---I don't think there's a shortage, no. At least none that anyone has complained about. There are plenty of young, struggling lawyers out there (lower upper class? ). However, as Canada is part of the Commonwealth I assume it's law system is based upon that of the Brits'. If so then I suppose being a barrister or solicitor here shouldn't be so different as it might be in another case of moving countries. It might be easier than trying to do lawyering in the USA for instance.
          Keep in mind that this is all very vague and is coming from the addled, half asleep mind, so whatever I say here is iffy.
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Deadly sharks, man eating crocodiles, posinous snakes,
            sneaky venoumous spiders, really big scary spiders, those evil jellyfish things, those fish which make you die because your in so much pain you can't get out of the water, baby eating dingo's, tourist killing nutters and David Campese.

Thanks but no thanks
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

There are nursing shortages everywhere in Australia. The upshot is you can get a job quite easily.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                There are nursing shortages everywhere in Australia. The upshot is you can get a job quite easily.
                Well Mrs Flubber is the nurse. I'm the lawyer and yes the legal systems are similar since for many years, the final court of appeal for Canada and Aus. was in Britain.
                I am a solicitor working in the oil industry so maybe a better plan for me is to get a few more years experience and then look for a transfer into some overseas operations
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I believe the US also is experiencing a nursing shortage.

Lots of Filipinas are filling in the void. It's a tough job that I couldn't handle.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Potential showstopper...

Can a software developer and an economist immigrate to Australia with their cats WITHOUT having to put the kitties in quarantine for six months?
                    ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Hi Ann

no, quarantine is extremely strict and important because we don't have a lot of common diseases like foot and mouth etc.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Whatever happened to gator boy? The blonde loudmouth, that displayed cheesy obnoxious behavior when he was playing with snakes and gators.. Maybe I can get his job.

Comment

AH - my wife has dual Master's degrees in Mental Health, both Art Therapy and Psychology. What is the outlook down under for those fields.
                          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I don't know - look it up on the web site - just pass yourself off as something on the list and do what you like when you get here

(Jeez, do I have to explain every dodge to these people)

Comment

I guess you have enough Croatians already... I'll come and visit some day.

Comment

AH - what I was asking about is what is the employment picture for mental health professionals. If you have a glut, it would be silly for her to relocate if there is no work in her field. I figured you might have some info on that.
                                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X