No announcement yet.

Australian Skilled Immigration Drive: Come to sunny Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australians speak plainly Chegitz and like the USA we've successfully absorbed millions of migrants. The population has doubled in my lifetime. If you're too dopey to work out we look after people who come here then probably better not come.

You have to pay for your passage these days as far as I know unless you have a job lined up and your employer pays (which also helps immensely with getting a visa).

Its a small price to pay in our opinion. It shows you have the means to make a start here - we don't want people just coming here to go on our generous welfare system.

There are 4 golden rules for migrants - be law abiding, clean living, work hard and be tolerant. If you do those things you will do well here, no doubt about it.

If you come here and b*tch and complain, with your hand out and an attitude, forget it. We don't need you and you won't succeed as a migrant - and the harshest critics are other migrants - many of whom came here with nothing. Noone like that succeeds anywhere anyway. Probably very similar to the USA in that respect.

Australians won't say it to you directly but I what I wrote about is exactly what most Australians think in terms of our expectations of migrants - including the immigration officers who approve migration applications.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

need any weed farmers?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

we can always do with a few more - though the Italians pretty much cornered the crop years ago
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

what does an italian falling down the stairs sound like?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"Australian employers being asked to help in the global marketplace -- the last thing we want is some country getting the jump on us."
            Hmmm... Wonder which country that would be.

Probably Singapore. Can you Aussies provide the opportunity ($$$) that your potential competitors can? Seems like that was one of the subjects that the article didn't deal with directly.

Probably very similar to the USA in that respect.
            A buddy of mine's sister won a green card lottery spot, came over from her home country (Arab), and thought that she was going to be waited on hand and foot. Very unmotivated. Didn't want to get a job and make her way. Probably thought an Mrs was in her future and she wouldn't have to work (yeh, right ). Eventually, she decided to go back home. Her brother, who had been here for a while, was her harshest critic. It's a real shame that the other 6 million applicants that year for the lottery lost a chance because of her.
            Last edited by DanS; August 15, 2005, 23:09.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              what does an italian falling down the stairs sound like?
              wopwopwopwopwopwopwopwop
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Damn this looks intriguing.

It might be a year too late though for me personally.

But in terms of IT and engineers, I'm sure there are plenty of Indians and Pakis to go around, right???
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

wopwopwopwopwopwopwopwop
                  Dumbass, that's an Italian car.

Dago forwards and dago backwards and if dey get a flat dago wopwopwop.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    But in terms of IT and engineers, I'm sure there are plenty of Indians and Pakis to go around, right???
                    Not necessarily - a US qualification would be highly regarded.

Comment

What would an undergrad degree in history and the toughness that comes from being bred in the harsh northeast get me in Australia?
                      Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

A sheep.

Comment

Well, it's a start. With one sheep's leg, I can club a kangaroo and go from there.
                          Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                            What would an undergrad degree in history and the toughness that comes from being bred in the harsh northeast get me in Australia?
                            A nice cushy job with the government working on something you are completely unqualified for.

Comment

Speaking from experience, are we?

Comment

Well, that seemed to be the route I was pursuing in America anyway. Australia, hier komme ich.

Comment

Working...
                                X